A question for those who think the Iraq war is wrong.

by JeffT 11 Replies latest social current

• JeffT
    JeffT

Was the 1861 invasion of the Confederate States of America also wrong?

• LDH
    LDH

Let's be a bit more vague, which we can do if we change a couple of words.

"A question for those who think war is wrong."

I guess that would sum up my thoughts.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Was Iraq part of the United States just a year or two before the invasion?

A better comparison might be: Was the 1893 invasion of Kingdom of Hawaii by soldiers from the USS Boston and the "regime change" that occurred at that time wrong?

(Our government has apologized for that, btw)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yes.

S

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perhaps another question is in order;

Who has the right to determine right and wrong in this matter? I don't think it is for me to decide, nor do I suspect that my opinion will effect the decision at all. Can anyone name a war/conflict in which right/wrong was an absolute - one in which no counter arguments could be made?

Jeff

• JeffT
    JeffT

So you guys are all in favor of slavery?

• LDH
    LDH

Well sure, because 1 + 1 = 3.

• skyman
    skyman

If I was told the truth by Mr. BUSHMAN then I would say yes. I wrote my congressman before the war and told him All the SHIT that Bush was telling was not ttrue and gave the referrences to prove Bush was lying. Funny thing now all of a sudden my congressman is say the same thing I was before the war, but the letter he sent me at the time said, I was full of crap and needed to get behind my country and it Leader.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    Was Iraq part of the United States just a year or two before the invasion?

A better comparison might be: Was the 1893 invasion of Kingdom of Hawaii by soldiers from the USS Boston and the "regime change" that occurred at that time wrong?

(Our government has apologized for that, btw)

The invasion of the confederate states is similar in many ways to the invasion of the Feds in Oregon against the Death with Dignity act and the Oregon Medical Marijuana Project. The cause is the same: Do states have the right to govern themselves when their government differs from the general federalists attitude and laws.

Iraq is another issue entirely. The "intelligence" was incorrect, and our President for the People who had invasion of Iraq on his agenda from day 1 and did everything within his power to see that goal succeed, used this bad "intelligence" to his advantage. I watched it come down thinking all along on "what is this guy doing? What is he trying to hide by stirring up a war with Iraq?" I'd still like to know.

• Dune
    Dune

What are the arguments FOR the war? I've never heard any strong arguments for it to tell you the truth, just rhetoric.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit