Debunking Dawkins

by Shining One 49 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Shining! Why won't Jesus appear to all of us "Doubting Thomas's"

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Jesus is busy finding enlightenment from Buddha.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

• Undecided
    Undecided

How could Jesus prove it was him? Many times they didn't recognize him. Maybe it was a demon who materialized as Jesus and put the wounds in his body to prove it was him. He couldn't have been flesh and blood because he couldn't have entered the kingdom of God like that. Did he come back as a ghost?

Ken P.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well shiner, the bone you threw out for the dogs has been pretty well chewed up. Dare you set foot here, yourself?

S

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

When will evangelists stop pretending that you can have a logical argument using mysticism!

steve

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hello AlmostAtheist

I hope you read this. I had lots of prayers answered, sometimes in very startling ways. As just one example: I was twenty one years old, had been "saved" for about a year, and was hitchhiking to work (my car was broken down). I was running very late, so I prayed for a quick ride to work. A large tan Buick driven by a fat middle-aged woman with her hair dyed black pulled over. I ran and jumped into the car. The woman just sat there clutching the wheel for a few moments, so i asked "are you okay?" She said "I've never picked up a hitchiker before in my life! But I felt very strongly that I MUST pull over!" She was clearly agitated at her own behavior. I asked her "Are you a born-again Christian?" She answered "Yes." So I told her "Well, there you go. I was just praying for a ride." It turned out she was going past where I worked.

This example is just one of many. As I grew older such obvious answered prayers lessened.

Nate

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I had lots of prayers answered, sometimes in very startling ways.

I had some experiences like this as well, though I admit they weren't as startling as this. I had many experiences of things where I thought, "Well, this is obviously an answer to my prayer". But I also had prayers that appeared to go unanswered, even those that were clearly in line with Jehovah's will.

What was your experience as far as the ratio of obviously-answered to obviously-unanswered prayers?

Dave

• gumby
    gumby
    we view faith as that which is a pre-condition for gaining any other knowledge

Faith comes before knowledge, is what you are saying. So does ignorance, naivete, babyhood, predjudice, superstition, fear, selfishness, jealousy. How irrational and silly your apolegetic.

S

I just wanna give my buddy S a pat on the dang back. That was good dude! Gumby

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I received a PM about this post. No, I do not believe in a personal God that answered my prayer. I'm convinced the answered prayers were answered by my own fiddling with the fabric of space-time on a quantum level with the immense power of faith/mental effort.

Whew!

Nate
    "The Answer Man"

• Shining One
    Shining One

Some of you actually tried to answer the arguments presented and I commend you, now for the rest of you...

What would you people do without someone like me to point out the apologetics that expose your heroes as being guilty of violating their own rules of logic? You deny that they use rather ignorant arguments? LOL, I love it when you side-step the arguments presented in order to critisize my use of all of the tools available. All of you 'cut and paste'. You go repeatedly to your favorite internet scholars to prove your own points. You post links to information and that is fine, yet, when you don't like the message from soneone else you whine and cry. You are being duped by the elitist snobs of the intellectual world. They are only in power for now, for this 'time and season' but their power is passing away. Many people have intelligent questions for the theories that we have been taught as 'science'
    WAKE UP. This is not some verbal 'ping-pong match' like the Watchtower taught you. Pride is getting in the way of the free gift of salvation. You have nothing that you didn't have when you were JWs. All that you did was replace the JW axioms with different ones that are even worse! You have played right into the scheme of the evil one and now you 'dance to his tune' even more than you did as JWs. John 3:18-20 is a good summary of the probable reason....
    Nate, I hope for your sake that you come to the realization of what you are doing. Millstones are not very comfortable and the pillows that we hear about in ancient boats are actually anchors. You are even denying the direct result of prayer and the One who spoke to you through those answered prayers. Do you think that you were actually saved and can go back from that without consequences?
    I'd much rather endure ridicule now (that's mild and easy to bear), in this place and time. Christians in this country have it easy. There have been more martyrs in the 20th Century than in all centuries combined.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit