Just Watched My G-kids decorate the Xmas tree...

by AK - Jeff 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We did a little bit of Christmas last year. This year the tree is more out in the open, and we are not hiding it. Let the bastardos do as they please.

What a joy to watch the big eyes as they put on some tinsel and ornaments. Wifey and I are enjoying it too.

Joy to the World to all!

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's it fun? I love it too.

Josie

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wifey also bot some of those plastic Christmas stick ons for the windows - so now the front glass is decorated with nativity and xmas stuff too.

If the elders are reading this - come on guys - here is your chance to nail us to the 'cross'! A little peak in the windows will show you our lites too.

We are mainly doing it all for the kids - but I am enjoying the opportunity to do what we want without the rules.

But I do love the more mature parts of the holiday - the music and I think I will be finding a nice Xmas pageant to attend this season.

Jeff

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, we will be going to christmas eve service at my church. Last year was great and we except more of the same.

• EL_DON_GREGORIO
    EL_DON_GREGORIO

I just threw away all six boxes full of christmas decorations that I bought over the past few years and another box of inherited sixties pastel colored ornaments with no regrets. I would decorate the hallways and lobby of my building with Christmas decorations every year and it was beautiful, but so were the magnificent hanging gardens of Babylon which were destroyed by God long ago.

As I find my way back to the truth as an adult (having left the kingdom hall for around 10 years), I have accepted the fact that the origins of Christmas are pagan. It was a 4th century pope in Rome who decided to turn the pagan winter solstice celebration into the birthday of christ. Even other christians outside of the Witness circle who celebrate seem to focus more on the consumerism rather than the so called true meaning of Christmas. On a poll taken in the US only about 1/3 of people still thought that Jesus was an important part of the Christmas holiday. That is sad but then again what does one expect from a pagan society celebrating a pagan holiday.

I have however thought of decorating this year with winter themed decorations such as snowflakes, snowmen, sleigh's and perhaps garland. I have always enjoyed decorating and all of my neighbors have been so disappointed that I havent decorated this year. But I have explained to them that I do not celebrate holidays with pagan origins anymore. I even found a neighbor who was disfellowshiped after having a child out of wedlock. She might be returning to the truth with me.

• defd
    defd

You go girl! Right on sis! Keep up the fine work. Jehovah is very proud of you/

D.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    I just threw away all six boxes full of christmas decorations that ;I bought over the past few years and another box of inherited sixties pastel colored ornaments with no regrets.

Bummer .. wish I would have known. I would have bought them off you.

-ithinkisee

• under74
    under74

I think el don realised what the thread was about and left....defd? aren't you going to chase after her?

• defd
    defd

She seems to be doing alright. Besides I am to busy chasing you!

D.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Jeff...I am glad that you and your grandkids had a great time doing up the tree!

Those are some of the memories that they will always cherish!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit