Biblical PROOF that Jesus Christ IS GOD

by Bibleboy 156 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bibleboy
    Bibleboy

before I get started, My name is Mark Whitmore, 20, I live in Vancouver, Canada, and I am a Follower of The WAY, a True Christian, not a JW. If you reply, please post who you are, how old and what you believe so that I know where you are coming from. Thanks.

Now down to business.

Strongs' Hebrew and Greek ONLINE:
    http://blueletterbible.org/

ONLINE BIBLE
    http://bible.gospelcom.net/

While the doctrine of Trinity is "confusing" to the carnal, or unsaved, it is simply one of God's mysteries to the Spiritual, or saved.

Question: Do we know all the mysteries of God? If you answered 'yes', then you could probably draw an accurate picture of God's face, but how could you have seen it and not have died? (Exodus 33:19-23)

Colossions 2:2-5 (KJV)
    2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ;
    3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
    4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with enticing words.
    5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ.

The JWs' hearts are NOT comforted if 'IT' (whatever 'IT' happens to be) has not been REASONED in their minds. The JW's say that the doctrine of the Trinity is confusing because they like to REASON things; even Scripture; and their hearts won't be comforted until such time when it IS reasoned.
    I, on the other hand, READ Scripture, not REASON Scripture. Amen! I like to READ and BELIEVE these following Scriptures:

(this is why I do my best not to reason):

Proverbs 3:5-6 (KJV)
    5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Romans 11:33-36 (KJV)
    33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
    34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
    35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
    36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

So, why can't we just stop trying to use OUR HUMAN intellect in comprehending God's nature and just accept the Word of the Living God. Amen!

EVEN in the New World Translation, Titus 1:3-4 says that both God ('G') and Jesus Christ are the Saviour ('S').

How can this be, if, according to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, God is not Trinity? Could it be that the Watchtower IS infact a false prophet organization?

"Mark," you say, "Jehovah God is the Saviour but He is the Saviour through Jesus Christ who is NOT God."

I beg to differ on these grounds:

Isaiah 45:15, 21-22 (KJV)
    15 Verily thou art a God that hidest thyself, O God of Israel, the Saviour.
    21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
    22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

Acts 4:10-12 (KJV)
    10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
    12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

So, there is ONLY ONE SAVIOUR, yet Titus 1:3; 1:4 remain.

What will the Watchtower do? Chuck their current NWT and come out with a REVISED NWT... or will they REPRINT the NWT and expegate the book of Titus?

If this isn't enough for you, then how about this:

Isaiah 44:8 (KJV)
    8 Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

That LAST bit... "there is no God; I know not any." the word "God" in Most other english translations the word is "Rock"
    I particularily like the phrasing in the Contemporary English Version for this verse:

Isaiah 44:8 (CEV)
    8 Don't tremble with fear! Didn't I tell you long ago? Didn't you hear me? I alone am God -- no one else is a mighty rock.

In this case we go to the Hebrew... in Strongs' Hebrew Concordance it is Hebrew # 06697 tsuwr {tsoor} or tsur {tsoor}.
    It now makes sense. God is not only comparing Himself with the strength of a Rock, but he's declaring himself that Rock. But wait a second, if God the Father (Jehovah God) is the Rock, (not knowing ANY other) then how can Jesus Christ be the Rock?

1 Corinthians 10:1-4 (KJV)
    1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
    2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
    3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
    4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

There you have it. Jesus IS God Almighty. Anyone differ?

That's 2 parts of the 3 that form the Godhead of the Trinity.

Ephesians 4:30 (KJV) (similar in the NWT)
    30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Let's look at the Proper Context!

Ephesians 4:30 (CEV)
    Don't make God's Spirit sad. The Spirit makes you sure that someday you will be free from your sins.

Strongs' Greek # 3076 lupeo {loo-peh'-o} . So, when it says, "don't grieve the Spirit of God", it's NOT saying, don't cry over the Holy Spirit... the verse wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense. It is saying that you shouldn't make actions or words that would upset God.
    if you haven't looked into the Greek yet, let me spread it on the table for you: from 3077; TDNT - 4:313,540; v

AV - be sorrowful 6, grieve 6, make sorry 6, be sorry 3, sorrow 3,
    cause grief 1, be in heaviness 1; 26

1) to make sorrowful
    2) to affect with sadness, cause grief, to throw into sorrow
    3) to grieve, offend
    4) to make one uneasy, cause him a scruple

The Holy Spirit is a person, thus completing the Godhead of the Trinity. ONE GOD, THREE CO-ETERNAL, CO-EQUAL PERSONS, NAMELY FATHER, SON, HOLY GHOST, ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURE... YET STILL ONE GOD... ONE GOD ONE FAITH ONE BAPTISTM!!! SOMEBODY SAY AMEN!!! HALLELUJAWEH!!!

I got LOTS more Scripture.

IF you reply, don't reason! Only read!

-In Jesus' Precious name.
    -Mark Whitmore

• dreamer
    dreamer

Hi bibleboy,

Interesting that you think Jesus Christ is God. I personally am not sure what to believe due to the inherent complexity and apparant contradictory/ambiguous nature of the new testament.

One thing I wonder is how Jesus could have resurrected himself...? I imagine that it could only happen if he didn't 'die' which is not possible if the prophecies were to be fulfilled.

Just a thought...

dreamer

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Gen 1:26
    "Let us make man in our IMAGE, in our LIKENESS,

Gen 1:27
    27 So God created man in his own IMAGE,
    in the IMAGE of God he created him;
    male (1) and female (2) he created them.

Gen 5:1-2
    When God created man, he made him in the LIKENESS of God. 2 He created them male (1) and female (2)

Do you think the image and likeness of God could in fact mean something as simple as two?

Father and Son
    Male and Female

In the image and likeness of God.

• Bibleboy
    Bibleboy

I don't know what god YOU believe in, but I believe in the God of the Holy Bible (not NWT because I think it's garbage... adding in or leaving out words that aren't in the original texts or just plain changing what it says and I can give you lots of examples).
    Let's examine this a bit. It'll have to be short cos I got church this evening!

>>Interesting that you think Jesus Christ is God. I personally am not >>sure what to believe due to the inherent complexity and apparant >>contradictory/ambiguous nature of the new testament.

I don't think that Jesus Christ is God, I know that... that's what the bible says. He's not God the Father nor is He God the Holy Ghost, but He is God. I believe in something described as the Trinity. ONE GODHEAD made up of three coexisting coeternal Persons identified in scripture, namely, FATHER SON AND HG (HS).

Anyway, did you create God or did God create you? Then who do you think is smarter? Therefore are you supposed to understand your creator 100% ?

One thing I wonder is how Jesus could have resurrected himself...? I imagine that it could only happen if he didn't 'die' which is not possible if the prophecies were to be fulfilled.

READ SCRIPTURE BOY.... maybe I'll have the references for you after church tonight...

• dreamer
    dreamer

Hi bibleboy,

I am afraid that you have not been very fair, understanding, or clear. You said:

Anyway, did you create God or did God create you? Then who do you think is smarter? Therefore are you supposed to understand your creator 100% ?

This would imply that not only may I not understand the nature of God (which I do not) but NEITHER MIGHT YOU. You also said:

READ SCRIPTURE BOY.... maybe I'll have the references for you after church tonight...

I have read the bible on a number of occasions. I have found that not only did Jesus' desciples not really understand his 'true' nature, but I think that he didn't. I get this from the fact that his answers are so ambiguous...Why not tell us plain and simply and save the arguements?!

Hope you can help,

Dreamer

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

>>Then who do you think is smarter? <<

God.

>>Therefore are you supposed to understand your creator 100% ?<<

Yes I am.

I'm only don't know more than Him.

I never will.

But I surely understand Him. Understanding Him makes me toss out the trinity doctrine.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Bibleboy: While the doctrine of Trinity is "confusing" to the carnal, or unsaved, it is simply one of God's mysteries to the Spiritual, or saved.

--So you don’t understand it either, it being a mystery to you. While the whole concept of the Trinity is 'confusing' to the unsaved, it's merely a 'mystery' to the saved. -explain the difference here, I seem to have missed it.

Bibleboy: they like to REASON things; even Scripture; and their hearts won't be comforted until such time when it IS reasoned. I, on the other hand, READ Scripture, not REASON Scripture

--That’s certainly a good way to start a discussion…start out by saying that you don’t reason. I have a newsflash for you: The average JW is just like you… they don’t reason either, they just parrot what they have read.

Bibleboy: (this is why I do my best not to reason):

Good job so far.

Bibleboy: So, why can't we just stop trying to use OUR HUMAN intellect in comprehending God's nature and just accept the Word of the Living God. Amen!

Another news flash: HUMAN intellect is all you have unless you’re an alien or an angel or a demon..

Bibleboy: EVEN in the New World Translation, Titus 1:3-4 says that both God ('G') and Jesus Christ are the Saviour ('S'). How can this be, if, according to the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, God is not Trinity? Could it be that the Watchtower IS infact a false prophet organization?

--You’re kidding, right? You’re not really offering this as one of your ‘proofs’ are you?

Bibleboy: If this isn't enough for you, then how about this:

--More? I would like to ask a question at this point. For one who does not reason you seem to be doing a lot of explaining of Scripture. What do you call that? Why do you say we should ‘stop trying to use our human intellect’ and then proceed with your explanations of Bible texts? Explanations are reasonings. I’m sorry to have to be the one to break it to you.

Bibleboy: It now makes sense.

--Whoa! More reasoning. Reason=sense.
    Bibleboy: There you have it. Jesus IS God Almighty. Anyone differ?

--And to think it was so simple all this time. I guess I just never read those Scriptures. Hmmmm… Yes, I differ.

Bibleboy: ... the verse wouldn't really make a whole lot of sense. It is saying that you shouldn't make actions or words that would upset God.

--More reasoning? Trying to make some sense of it? Have you forgotten that you said it was a mystery to those who accepted it? Once you understand (make sense) of something it is no longer a mystery.

Bibleboy: I got LOTS more Scripture

--LOL! I bet you do, sonny boy. I seem to be aware of a few that you haven’t touched on yet.

Bibleboy: IF you reply, don't reason! Only read!

--By all means let’s not reason. Let’s just read what you write and accept it without question. I mean, you are speaking by God’s authority, are you not? You are one of the ‘spiritual’ or ‘saved’ ones, are you not? I mean your saying so certainly is proof enough of your unquestionable insight and infinite wisdom to be able to cite Scriptures to those of us who have spent a lifetime reading them. You stated at the beginning of your post that you are twenty years old. That would mean that it’s quite possible (or close to it) that I was reading those scriptures just about the time your grandfather got that twinkle in his eye that eventually became your father. Of course by the time your father got that twinkle in his eye that eventually became you, I had been reading those passages for quite some time. And all during that time they were changing your diapers and wiping drool from your mouth, well….I guess I was still reading.

You come on pretty strong on this thread. I suggest that you take a couple of steps back and tone down your aggression a couple of notches if you want someone to seriously consider what you have to say. Just a suggestion.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Bibleboy: I don't know what god YOU believe in, but I believe in the God of the Holy Bible (not NWT because I think it's garbage...

--You might try showing a little respect for what others believe.

Bibleboy: I don't think that Jesus Christ is God…but He is God.

--Well? Is it just me or is there something wrong here?

Bibleboy: Anyway, did you create God or did God create you? Then who do you think is smarter? Therefore are you supposed to understand your creator 100% ?

--What percentage of him do you understand?

Bibleboy: READ SCRIPTURE BOY.... maybe I'll have the references for you after church tonight...

--BTW, Who’s SCRIPTURE BOY? Is he like the brother to Bibleboy?

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• dubla
    dubla

bibleboy: Therefore are you supposed to understand your creator 100% ?

lol, i always find it humorous when trinitarians explain the trinity by saying its unexplainable.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

If the Father and Son aren't TWO totally separate beings in God then:

#1. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus is His own Father.
    Acts 13:33

#2. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus begat Himself.
    John 3:16

#3. If They aren't two separate, then Jesus prayed to Himself and thanked Himself for giving Himself the answer.
    John 11:41

#4. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus had to go away in order to send Himself back.
    John 16:7

#5. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus promised that as His own Father He would give Himself under a different name to them.
    Luke 11:13

#6. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus said He was greater than Himself.
    John 10:29

#7. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus as His own Father loved Himself.
    John 10:17

#8. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus gave himself the commandments which He obeyed.
    John 10:18

#9. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus was the way to Himself.
    John 14:6

#10. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus anointed Himself with Himself and accompanied Himself on earth.
    Acts 10:38

#11. If They aren't two separate beings, then in the same breath Jesus said blasphemy against Himself that would be forgiven and blasphemy against Himself that would not be forgiven.
    Luke 12:10

#12. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus’ will disagreed with itself in the Garden of Gethsemane until He submitted His will on earth to His will in heaven.
    Luke 22:42

#13. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus prayed to Himself to forgive those who crucified Him.
    Luke 23:34

#14. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus forsook Himself on Calvary’s cross.
    Matt. 27:46

#15. If They aren't two separate beings, then on the cross Jesus committed His spirit unto His own hands.
    Luke 23:46

#16. If The aren't two separate beings, then Jesus left this earth and went to meet Himself.
    John 16:28

#17. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus sat down at His own right hand.
    Mark 14:62

#18. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus gave Himself all power in heaven and on earth.
    Matt. 28:18

#19. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus is both judge and lawgiver pleading our cause with Himself.
    1 John 2:1 & 1 Tim. 2:5

#20. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus required His own death on the cross in order to satisfy Himself and reconcile a lost world to Himself by working in Himself.
    2 Cor. 5:18,19

#21. If They aren't two separate beings, then Jesus delivered the Kingdom to himself then became subject to Himself.
    1 Cor. 15:22-28

You all can do the above yourself using simple human logic. There's a ton more. The trinity is confusion.

The trintiy defies ALL logic and makes the Bible and Jesus and the Father look like a mockery.

Gal 6:7-8
    7 Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.

If you sow confusion you will reap confusion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit