I got my first chance today

by oldflame 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• oldflame
    oldflame

A disabled friend of mine needed a ride today to an appointment, while I was sitting in my van reading the newspaper waiting for my friend a older woman walked up to my window. I had in down 5 or 6 inches because I was smoking a cigg. I could see that she had her bag full of watchtowers and awakes and so I said you must be a jehovah's witness ?

She said yes I am so I told her that I had my own faith and that I disagreed with her religion. She said what do you disagree with ? So I told her how the scriptures explains that when someone prophecies in Gods name that they will come true if they are indeed from God. And how the society had done so many times and they never came true. She asked me what kind of prophecies did they make and I mention several dates from the 1800's up to 1975.

She said to me well I can see you have done your homework and I said yes I have done lots of research on thier religion. I then told her how the society had change words in the scriptures to fit their doctrine and that I had communicated with several bible scholars without mentioning and bible name or religion and I had been warned about the NWT. She said well other translations altered the bible too and I said how's that ? She said well they took Jehovah out of the bible and I said no they society just added it to the bible.

Then she looks away from me and says well my friends are waiting for me so I better go. I said well thanks for the discussion and she said well I can see that you know your bible pretty good and that I am not going to be able to change you and I replied NOPE ! I said I love the Lord and I read my scriptures everyday. She walked away stunned I could tell and so I wished her with Gods blessings and she left.

For the first time since coming out in 2001 I awaited for this opportunity and I finally got to get a piece in on a witnoid, and someone i did not know as a witness. It was different than trying to discuss with family because there were no ties or bonds and speach was free. That was way cool I hope someday I will see her here......

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

good job

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Nice! I hope I do as well when my first chance comes along.

Dave

• defd
    defd

Almostathiest you there? you got a pm.

Defd D

• Honesty
    Honesty

You Rule!!!

• gumby
    gumby
    Then she looks away from me and says well my friends are waiting for me so I better go.

Yeah....right!

If you had shown great interest in her message and asked her if you could learn more......her friends would have waited till she was finished and she herself wouldn't care about them waiting in the car.

Funny how witnesses are different than christians. If they had been christians who were witnessing and you had told them you yourself was a christian......they would have "shared" your faith with you..........not had an agenda to overturn your faith and convert you to becoming a JW.

Witnesses have nothing to share with you.......only negative speech against all beliefs except theirs.

Keep up the good work OldFlame!

Gumby

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I had in down 5 or 6 inches because I was smoking a cigg...

...she said well I can see that you know your bible pretty good and that I am not going to be able to change you...

She's probably thinking, "That poor goat. He thinks he has the Truth, but he really has no clue. I mean come on *chortle*, he's smoking!"

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I want to do the opposite.

I want to ask one to give me one of everything - let them empty out thier bookbag to me. Then as I walk away I will mention how these old demonized books make wonderful kindlin'. All those comments about how the devil's books wouldn't burn just ain't so.

That would be a hoot. And repayment to them too. My only brother once approached witnesses and asked for all they had - he later became a witness. This would balance the eternal scales.

Jeff

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Rockin it! Congratulations! She might even think a little, who can ever tell? Like the 1000:1 ratio of publications left: interesting conversations.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Sweet. That's a great way to handle it. Funny - I don't think the Reasoning book has a chapter in it on 'How to handle all the bogus WT prophecies'....might start too many people thinking.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit