Have things changed in the org about association with dfed family members?

by ButtLight 14 Replies latest jw friends

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Well the main purpose of our get together is for one, we havent seen my sister in a long time. Two, my mom and dad (divorced) are both ill, especially my mom. So this may be the last time she will remember my sis. (she lives far away) So, according to the elders book, it should be ok! Hey, is the elders handbook available somewhere? Hope I dont drink too much and bring up things I shouldnt!

• JH
    JH
  • Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I think it depends on the people.

I think most normal people in the congregation still will smile, hug, or speak with disfellowshipped ones because they are trying to encourage people to come back and get reinstated.

Other people get off on being mean and will use this as an Jehovah sanctioned opportunity to show everyone just how cold they can be.

Good friends of ours who are now XJW's said they always were kind to the disfellowshipped friends because (in her words) - " We have 3 kids one of them is going to do something."

I really liked what she said and I wish more people would take that kind of approach.

WG

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I really liked what she said and I wish more people would take that kind of approach.

I do too! I was shocked when others came to me and said "glad to see you here" even though they werent suppose to. In such a "loving organization" you would think they would encourage the ones trying to come back, not kick their ass on the way out the door!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I must take a shower and rub the bible all over myself!

Omigawd. What a stunning visual image!

gentlyferal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit