Nurse Stabbed on way To KH/Manchester UK

by Latte 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

This is just one of those things that can happen in parts of many cities, Parts of Manchester can be scary. Two of my Manchester based staff have been robbed at gun point and knifepoint at there workplace in Manchester mid morning and mid afternoon respectively.

Another was mugged 5 mins from our Newcastle office last week at lunchtime.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I hope they find this brute real quick like, so that no repeat is possible. No one deserves to be attacked like this.

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

This poor girl has been very lucky.
    I know of an incident about 35 years ago, also in the UK. A sister was attacked by the mentally unstable son of a couple in the congregation. I don't believe the attacker was baptised but he did attend the meetings and hence was not unknown to the sister. She suffered stab wounds and was rushed to hospital. She was still alive and the doctors wanted to give her a blood transfusion. She died a little later.
    At the trial of her killer the defense brought the issue up that had the young girl accepted a blood transfusion she probably would have lived and the charge of murder should be reduced to manslaughter. I am not too sure of the exact out come of the trail but I do know that her killer is still in a secure mental institution and is still considered to be such a risk to the public that he will never be freed.
    Eyeslice

• Simon
    Simon

Manchester is not too bad on the whole but there are definitely parts you don't want to go when it is dark. Even a 'nice' area is no guarantee that everyone walking through it will be 'nice' of course!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit