Nurse Stabbed on way To KH/Manchester UK

by Latte 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/men/news/s/189/189164_maniac_knifes_nurse_on_way_to_church.html

Poor girl!

This is scary…….scary that such a nasty character is still on the loose!

Glad that she seems OK

• aniron
    aniron

Is the fact that she was a JW that makes it news worthy?

If it had said she was a Catholic, or Pentecostal, or Baptist etc, on their way to church, would we have been bothered?

The fact that this girl was attacked in such a way should be the concern, not what religion she was.

• Ellie
    Ellie

While I do feel sorry for the poor girl, what an awful thing to happen to her, I can't help but feel that the article is written in such a way as to suggest that Jehovah saved her.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

The attack is cowardly and absolutely despicable. I hope the catch her attacker soon.

Bull!

• undercover
    undercover
    Is the fact that she was a JW that makes it news worthy?

Technically, no. But since she was on the way to the KH, or church as worldly people would recognize the word, that seems to make the story a little more sensational. Yes, it's a terrible thing to happen to anyone, despite their religious affliation, but the media will present stories that get attention. Getting stabbed on the way to church will get attention.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    Karen's husband, Tony, said: "She was on her way to a Christian meeting, at the Kingdom Hall, about 400 yards from our home .
    The incident happened at about 7pm on Thursday last week.

In most places it is not advisable for anyone to walk alone at night. And 400 yards is almost a quarter of a mile, why was she walking alone? Was this something she did often? If so, why didn't the other “brothers” who have transportation care enough to notice this could be potentially dangerous situation for her? Why didn’t someone offer to give her a ride?

If door to door in broad daylight is done in groups, shouldn't people who go to meetings be in a group even a small group for safety?

YC

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Chelbie:

In most places it is not advisable for anyone to walk alone at night.
    Manchester in the UK is not exactly like a US city. Normally there'd be no problem with a young woman walking around in the early evening.
    And 400 yards is almost a quarter of a mile,
    From what i understand of the poms, 400 yards is hardly worth driving.
  • Ellie
    Ellie

Ozziepost, thats not quite true, Manchester has some rough parts, although I don't know about the area where the attack happened, in any case, at 7pm at this time of year it is dark and not really safe for her to be walking alone.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Every city has its "rough parts" but was this young woman in one of those?

I don't know, just asking.

• Earnest
    Earnest

The "alleway" mentioned is in fact Park Avenue. This is a pedestrian only street with houses (and front gardens) on one side and the park on the other. It runs between Manchester Road (A6) and Swinton Hall Road where the Kingdom Hall is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit