Corroded Sparkplug

by Sparkplug 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Hi Spark, We all have those lemons in our life; some people never seem to get them, or are just so into their own

selves that they aren't bothered by what life throws at them. Others, like you, are more sensitive and seem to

have more to deal with than they should. But you have a great attitude, you are thinking of the right thing...the

other people in your life, the ones who really count. I LOVED your post! This has been a tough year for me, but

there were also many, many bright & shiny spots in it. Bless you.

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade....

jd

• Cellist
    Cellist

I'm glad there are a few people to help you through. I know it can make a big difference. I hope things get easier for you. I know how you feel right now. I was just saying this morning that it's one foot in front of the other. I just went through a bout of complaining, had a couple of glasses of wine and came to see how everyone else was doing.

I'd like to thank my husband for patiently listening to my complaints. A few of my fellow musicians for bringing some fun into my life. And, my sister.

And, thanks to JWD for being here and bringing perspective and humour into my life.

Sparkplug, ((((hugs)))) I hope it all gets better for you.

Cellist

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You can cry on my shoulder whenever you like. I'll, probably, be crying with you! I hope this doesn't sound patronizing, but having a handicapped husband (21 years) has made me have to be stronger than I want to be. I get overwhelmed and sensitive. It's like, I know I can do this, but do I want to do this? *sigh* I empathize with you.

I know that you heard this saying, but I'll say it again: If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody going to be happy.

So, take care of yourself. Make the time.

I don't know you and you don't know me, but I know what you're going through.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Ah Decki, I don't know ya girl but I freaking love you. Reading your story a few weeks ago made me feel like I was close to you. In your pain is our pain. Muhammed Ali said once, "Me, we".

I hate the phrase, "If I can do anything for you, let me know." It lacks initiative. So, with that said, I want to do something for you. If you were closer, that'd be a six pack and a deep tissue massage, but I'm not that close. My fridge is empty so thats out too. Um, I've got a phone that accepts calls and an ear that listens to at least every third word. That is definitely on the table.

What else? Oh yeah, this dog makes me laugh, dunno why:

I'll try to think of some other stuff. In the meantime, we gotcho back hommie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Spark, it's been a down year for me as well. I haven't suffered any depression since my divorce. Lately I find myself feeling melancholy. But the circle has to go up again, so they say. Here I am hoping that you will have a better day/year.

• Spectre
  • Carmel
    Carmel

i tink ya hav a pm

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Dear Sparkplug

Most people are overwhelmed, but don't realize that others are too.

That doesn't make your situation or my situation any less serious. It can, however, keep us from feeling as though the universe has singled us out for trouble.

Warm regards,
    Nate

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Awww (((( Sparky )))) With everything you've been through and done for others, your turn is long overdue!

I am proud of you! I have been taught that when all else is in the dark, a Gratitude List will help. Even if you don't FEEL grateful, there is pleanty to be grateful for, at least at an intellectual level.

I am grateful for so much in my life that I just cant list it all. The biggest thing I am grateful for is that I want for very little.

Hugs to you all - you're all on my list!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

This is another big thank you for all who made me laugh, sent emails and PM's. I am laughing now and still grateful for all that all of you all do!

Lots of Love,

Decki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit