Corroded Sparkplug

by Sparkplug 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Today I sat and really realized how absolutely hopeless I feel. I have had so many things happen in my life this year and a huge percentage of it has been items I have to face or tackle. I have prioritized and organized myself to death and I am so very overwhelmed. I am back to basics and down to the lowest level of work that I can have right now on my plate. This is not a small load at all.

With that said, I have looked at the angles and have decided it is just a nose to the grindstone kind of situation.

No whimpering meant, but I really have needed a hug and some saving. I hate to rely on people and I have had to. I keep one foot stepping deliberately in front of the other and am doing what I need to do. People I would hope would be there for me are not, or are callouse and just occupied. They are dating or shopping, clubbing and living and do not have the same lot that I do at the moment. Sometimes when I need them the most they do the most hurtful or unsensitive things. It really feels like a kick in the gut. Call me melodramatic, but I am a delicate creature and sometimes do not want to be as tough as my life has made me. I want the friendships to be two way. I need reasurrance and all the silly stuff the openly "needy" people get sometimes.

I am finding it bits humbling though, that some days the people I least credited for the role they play in my life have been my lifelines. I have had people I would not consider close to me give me that needed hug or compliment, or a knowing pat on the hand and a "hang in there girl." Some acquaintances I never thought would give a damn have called just to say they love me. Call me melodramatic, but I am a delicate creature and sometimes do not want to be as tough as my life has made me.

THIS MEANS THE WORLD TO ME! I just want to say that and that I appreciate it. It is not anyone here because I don't expect deep love through the Internet, just a sence of comradery. I mean no offence by this. I just thought that maybe you all have someone that helps you through your world and life every day and it might be really cool to post it.

So what do you say? Anyone have small thanks to give to people who save your "so called life" everyday? (Trust me I have some huge thanks to give to people who have done some very large things for me...but this is about the small tokens of affection and caring that get you from one moment to the next and keep you smiling!)

Here are some of the small thanks I am going to call and give tomorrow:

Thanks to my pal that sends me a stupid joke a day. I always have to laugh in spite of my trodden demeanor.

Thank you to my bosses co-partner who makes me coffee everyday and makes a strong pot just for me.

Thanks to my boss that does not write me up when I am repeatedly two to five minutes late.

Thanks to my daughter who is pitching in tenfold and only grouching about it once every two days.

Thanks to the friend who brought me a six pack and made me stop working for an hour.

Thanks to the gal who sits near me and brings soft tissue just so my nose does not tear up with all the tears I have been shedding.

Thanks to the crazy lady at work who picked up half of my workload and cut out 100 Christmas snowflakes in such intricate patterns so that I could get onto other duties.

NOW YOURS?

• under74
    under74

ah, spark just keep on keeping on. Things usually have a way of getting better.

hmm...
    I'm thankful for the customer service people at Sallie Mae loan servicing for not being bitches when I call and ask for my payments to be lowered...even though they work for a company that should be charged with extorsion.

I'm thanful for my friend that sends me fake suicide letters--I KNOW this sounds morbid and bad but they are hilarious.

I'm thankful for the guy at the corner store that always puts aside a few packs of my brand of cigarettes for me when he sees the store inventory is getting low.

I'm thankful for people still giving me freelance work.

I know I'm thankful for more but this is what I can come up with now.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((((Sparky)))))))))))

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. The holiday season has a tendency to do that to me. Even if I don't have a lot to do, just the drive of life while in the midst of all the "holly jolly Christmas" crap can be frustrating.

You're in my thoughts!

Andi

• luna2
    luna2

I'm sorry things are so difficult for you right now....and glad that there have been at least a few people who've been there to gift you a lift when you needed it.

I should be getting ready for work, so I don't have time to do my list at the moment...just wanted to give you a cyberhug and hope things get better soon. (((Sparky)))

• Golf
    Golf

Your on the mark Sparkplug. On my desk is a large picture and on it reads, "Everyone Neeeds A Little Help Now And Then."

I hope everyone gets to read your post.

Golf

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Thanks you all! I dont have time to reply right now, but I think this is extremely humourous...you should send them to me. That would be right up my alley.

"I'm thanful for my friend that sends me fake suicide letters--I KNOW this sounds morbid and bad but they are hilarious."

Sara

• under74
    under74

I'll pm you later but here's a couple quotes:

"If you're reading this I'm pobably dead. I have been very depressed since you called me a retard..."

"I tried to drop the toaster into the tub but it kept coming unplugged before it hit the water. I guess I have to go to plan B."

"Don't blame yourself even if it's your fault."

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

(((Sparky)))

ah babygirl...it's all gonna be just fine. It's gonna be a big hairy dawg till it is fine....but, it's all gonna be fine.

I'm thankful for the smiles that come when I think of Sparkplug and Billygoat.

Lisa

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Hang in there, Girl"

Honestly, I don't know you that well. But you come highly recommended, and your posts are great!

Dave

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Dear friend, I know just how you feel. There have been times this year when all I could do is grit my teeth and focus on one hour at a time. And I'm really, really sorry you were too sick to go to the concert!!! But I am thankful and touched that you thought of me, and I hope I enjoyed it for both of us.

Hang in there, sweetie. One step at a time.

LOTS of hugs,

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit