Had a major illness disappear after leaving WT?

by by grace 15 Replies latest jw friends

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

by grace, you have a pm.

• Cocoon
    Cocoon

I had an emotional disease that manifested itself physically. I bit my nails for nine years to the point where they bled and became infected on a daily basis. As soon as I left, I grew out beautiful nails and never did it again. I describe this in my book. I was like an animal that chews off its leg to free itself from a trap. That's what I was doing. It was my escape. (I only did it while at the KH or during other indoctrination.) Brenda Lee, author of "Out of the Cocoon: A Young Woman's Courageous Flight from the Grip of a Religious Cult" www.outofthecocoon.net

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Major Depression and Migraines and stomach problems. The migraines and stomach problems were worse on meeting nights, but thought it was satan trying to keep me from going. I was on anxiety, migraine, depression medicine for nearly 20 years.

Now I'm free from it all...meetings, depression, migraines and stomach problems....weird the way it all went away right after I learned the truth about the truth....

lisa

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Our friends son was diagnosed with Crohns (sp) Disease when they were very active.

Shortly after they DA'd the son is off his medications.

They aren't the type of people to lie...so maybe he was cured?

WG

• joanne_
    joanne_

yeppers...i had fibromyalgia and i was in pain everyday/bad headaches/insomia and was on medication. i have been out for 3 years and i work full time, hardly any headaches, no pain and i sleep really well every nite.

feel much better

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Yes - chronic pain and exhaustion that would leave me on my back by early afternoon. Totally gone after leaving the Org. Also - my chemical sensitivities/allergies are about half as severe as they were. I'm also on half the antidepressant and antianxiety meds I was on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit