Had a major illness disappear after leaving WT?

by by grace 15 Replies latest jw friends

• by grace
    by grace

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for people who have had the experience of becoming very sick with chronic pain, an auto-immune disease, or some major health problem (Collitus, Diabetes, etc.) while being involved with Jehovah's Witnesses, who then had a complete reversal after leaving the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I am planning to write a book about my experience, and I'd like to get an idea of how many people out there have had a similar one. I was diagnosed with advanced Grave's disease (hyperthyroid), which is an auto-immune disease, and it amazingly "went away" shortly after I left the organization. I honestly didn't expect that to happen. I hoped, but didn't really think it could happen.....but it did!!! I am researching the effects of emotions on physical health. It's my opinion that the stress of being a Jehovah's Witness was so mentally/emotionally draining that it caused my body to have all kinds of pains and to even attack itself.

I ask that you reply to this topic only if you are willing to give me consent to use your information in my book. I will not publish anyones name or anything like that. I only want to be able to give some examples of what people have experienced. The reason I want to write this book, is to hopefully help those who are still in the organization and even many of those who have left, as well as the whole world, to understand the power of the emotional trauma that one experiences by being a Jehovah's Witness, and also the relief one has when they are freed from the control/manipulation. It is truly amazing.

Thank you so much,

by grace

I

• blondie
    blondie

Stress related ones.

• Spectre
    Spectre

Depression.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I definately overcame some emotional issues. Depression, Bulimia, cutter..... I tried to move on through these issues all my life. But once I left I felt so free and got over those issues.

• Budgie
    Budgie

Hope you now join a REAL Christian church, and get to know God and his grace.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Pinched nerve in my neck. Doctors could find no reason for it. Disappeared after I left.

Partial blindness in left eye. Diagnosed as retinal migraines. Disappeared after I left

Anxiety and panic disorder. Disappeared after I left.

• by grace
    by grace

Wow, that's incredible, some of the things we've endured that "disappeared" after leaving the WT. Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I really appreciate your help.

I'm going to guess that there are lots of people out there that suffered from Fibromyalgia (I did), Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome (I did), Temperomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ), Tension Myalgia, all kinds of back pain (my husband and I both had that), gastrointestinal problems, chronic headaches, skin disorders, allergies including asthma, and we can't forget, good ol' Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Hopefully there are still people out there who have experienced these things, please let me hear from you!!!

Thanks again,

by grace

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Hi by grace,
    If you're looking for some good reading on how emotions affect health, I'd suggest 2 books:
    1. Molecules of Emotion, Candace Pert
    2. When The Body Says No, Gabor Mate
    I had CFS and FM while a jw. I actually managed to heal a lot of that while still in the org. It took awhile though. Mostly through alternative medicine.
    tall penguin

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sever Depression (suicidal thoughts) and stress related symptoms.

<----- Before

<----- After

• by grace
    by grace

Tall Penguin: Thank you so much for the info on the books......their titles sound really good!!! I've tried so many things for my chronic pain. I'd love to know what kind of alternative medicine you used and what was most effective. Please, please, please, share your knowledge!!! I still have some pain, but atleast now I'm able to work and exercise and function as a human being.

Elsewhere: I know!!! Me too!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit