Why do dubs think they're smarter than everyone else?

by MsMcDucket 18 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Have you ever noticed this? I mean it could be about something as simple as washing dishes, but they knew how to do it a better way. Has anyone else had an experience with a witness that just knew it all?

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

because they take after their father and god - the governing body

• blondie
    blondie

Because they read the Awake.

I saw a sister try and debate a physicist on physics based on what she had read in the Awake; she had no college degree, never taken any science courses in high school. But reading one article in the Awake made her an expert.

Blondie

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have been brainwashed to think that they are jehovah's chosen and morally superior people and like the jews of old think of the rest of the world as being inferior, worldly, (or gentiles to the Jews).

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I think its because they REALLY believe that they are God's special people, and they are full of Holy Spirit, God's had chosen them from others in the world to be part of his organisation. They believe that because of this they are wiser then others and the WTS are very clever at selecting the right verse's to tickle their ears. Let's not forget that satan knows how to use the bible verse's to support his lies.

regards

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

cuz they're special cuz the gb/fds (spray) told them so

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

They think they're smarter than everyone else because they ARE..... duh!

GGG

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

My MIL tried to explain to me about how each day of creation was actually 1000 years ....I didn't get it. I kept trying ask questions using logic...

She said I just didn't understand because I hadn't studied as extensively and because I was not one of Jehovahs Witnesses....

WG

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder where she read it was 1,000 years long. She is confusing it with the WTS doctrine that one day is as a thousand years in God's sight.

Actually, up until the late 80's the WTS taught that a creative day was 7,000 literal years (basis of 1975 teaching). Now they teach that it is an ambiguous "several thousand."

Blondie

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Blondie -

Oh great! Now I'm even more confused....I guess I'll just have to go join the Jehovahs Witnesses so I can understand the technical science that they are learning in the watchtowr and awake magazine.

I'm sorry you all won't see me here anymore....I'm joining up.

Just kidding,

WG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit