Hello Everyone! I'm new to the forum.

by limbogirl 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Hi! I just found this forum and joined today -- I am so happy that you're all out there sharing your stories and experiences. Growing up JW or just being JW is such a unique experience and can only be shared with people who have been there. A little about me... I grew up JW -- mom pioneered and dad was an elder. Older sister dreamt of being a full time pioneer, younger brother dreamt of working on a printing press at Bethel. I dreamt of Christmas presents, Halloween costumes and competitive sports but was far too terrified of being killed at Armaggedon or being disfellowshipped that I never pursued those activities. Ah, the aspirations of JW youth. (at least back in the mid to late 70's) Just about the time the three children were fully brain washed (I believe big sis had even gotten baptized) parents divorced!! AND THEN REMARRIED!! The stories I could tell about that period in my life...so scandalous at the time but now with an adult perspective and having lived in the real world for many many years it all seems so benign. Fast forward to today: Mom -- still fully immersed in JW world Step Dad -- fully immersed and is an elder Dad -- had HUGE falling out with JW's 25 years ago -- I believe he began using logic and they had a problem with that. Older Sister -- left JW's and joined an even whackier bunch -- a story for another day... Little Brother -- turned 12, discovered heavy metal music and the idea of having friends at school and immediately turned his back on working at Bethel. (altho I still give him a hard time about his Bethel dreams :) btw, he's now 34 and one of the greatest "worldly" people I've ever known! Me: Oh, so happy to be out of the craziness of it all -- it's taken many many years and because my mom is still so involved it will always be there to some extent but one thing my brother taught me is that humor is the best cure for all that ails you. Several years ago I was at his house and he was playing the piano -- next thing I knew he was performing his JW lounge-lizard act and turning all of the "kingdom songs" into piano bar tunes. We haven't stopped laughing since! Anyway, sorry for the long post -- just wanted to say Hi and how happy I am to know that I'm not the only one out there who understands lingo like, "the friends", "the truth", "theocratic ministry school", "the new order", "field service", "ministerial servant" and on and on....

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome Limbo! So nice to meet ya, hope you like it here and post lots.

GBL

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

WELCOME!!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Limbogirl,

Yes, it's great to have people to communicate with that know the lingo. We "faded" about 14 years ago. I never talk about religion with any of my friends now. It makes me uncomfortable. Here on this board I don't have to go into great explanations of what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, I'm glad you have your freedom! Welcome to the board!!

Cellist

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Welcome Limbogirl!

"the friends", "the truth", "theocratic ministry school", "the new order", "field service", "ministerial servant"

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!! That HURTS!!! Gimme some soap to wash out my eyes!!!!!

Sorry, sometimes dubspeak sends me into convulsions.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi limbogirl, and welcome to the board.

Enjoy your freedom

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Limbogirl nice to hear about your stories with the JWs and surely everyone on the forum can readily understand JW situations (and lingo) because they were part of them.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Welcome aboard from downunder!

I hope you find your time here one of support, information and good old fun!

Enjoy.

Cheers, Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yep Limbogirl, the lingo of jws makes me retch when I look back...

Loved the story of your brothers attempts at lampooning those godaweful songs.

You appear to be happy and content now.

Fantastic

• Bryan
    Bryan

Welcome Limbogirl!

Nice to have you here. Looking forward to hearing more!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit