WTB&TS Stymies Emotional Growth!

by Golf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

Interesting how the W.B. Dictionary defines stymie, " 1. Golf. to hinder or block with a stymie. 2.to stop and halt the progress of; block completely."

Example; if your golf ball is behind a tree you are blocked, you can't go forward, your stymied. You must hit the ball side ways or backwards to have 'any' shot to the green.

The organization like the tree is an obstacle for its adherents to grow emotionally. One only has come to forums of this nature and read the experiences to prove my point.

When parents fail to help their children to face the reality of life they hinder their emotional growth. This makes the child insecure and dependent on their parents, this leads to control of the child. This is no different with the WTB&TS.

To get out of this emotional insecurity one must make adjustments (hit the ball side ways or momentarily go backwards) to move forward. The name of the game is going forward. In golf, you gotta visualize your golf shots, no different in life.

My sports life helped me to see the 'control' stymied life this organization has on people.

Golf

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Roger that Golf-My catchphrase is "languishing in limbo" i squandered and stagnated everything in life.,education,healthcare,financial investments,relationships & marriage,even my lack of dental care with my crooked teeth.My dad said no way he was paying for dental braces when the 'new system' would be here before my courting years (1975)

Also the milieu control of staying sequestered from the world think of the dub kids who get home schooled and no worldly (normal) contacts.If i hand't gone to secular work i would be ignorant as hell.

Hey babe i coulda hadda V-8..i could of had a frigging life....Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• Golf
    Golf

Right on Danny, right on! I find this to be more deplorable and destructive than their man-made interpretations of doctrines.

I'm glad I followed my 'gut feelings' throughout life. I feel for you Dan, I really do.

Golf

• Golf
    Golf

Danny, after reading your post again, my mind went to an important aspect of life and that is having a 'sense of humor.' Witnesses are low in this department, low. The life of a JW is robotic to say the least. LadyLee, I shake my head on this one.

Golf

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well yes - Duh

• Golf
    Golf

Stillajwexelder, come on, you can do better than that.

Golf

• sf
    sf

Tell me golf, do you think of me while on the 'green'?

sKally

• Golf
    Golf

skally, absolutely!!!!!! Take care.

Golf

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Stillajwexelder, come on, you can do better than that. Golf

Yes I know but I was being intellectually very lazy - sorry

• Golf
    Golf

This post has been viewed over 100 times and it has only three comments.

I read Daniel Goleman's book, 'Emotional Intelligence' Why it can matter more than IQ and if you get a chance to browse through it, please do.

golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit