Backward Masking

by bigmouth 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That site is great. I thought this was interesting about Prince. He did some backward masking after the song Darling Nikki.The site says;

"The message itself has religious overtones, contrasting directly with the overtly-sexual "Darling Nikki" which precedes it. Was the reversal meant to invert the message itself, or was it meant to hide an apology?
    "Hello. How are you? I'm fine 'cuz I know that the lord is coming soon. Coming, coming soon.""

So Prince was a JW all along, just posing to be a depraved sex starved Satan worshiper so he could get his Christian message out to the gullible teenagers.

• defd
    defd

I did that to an Ozzy Ozbourne record and I definitely heard it say OH SATAN. Scared the bageezees outta me.

D.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I very much view backward masking the way I do song lyrics...there is always someone that hears something different from what was intended. With the nature of the quality who is to say what something means or if there was anything there at all.

• professor
    professor

The music is reversible but Time is not. Turn back! Turn back!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

The only backward lyrics I ever heard was on an ELO (Electric Light Orchestra) album. Not sure of the album or the song except that it was one of their big ones.

My brother in law.....also a dub never paid attention to the WT warnings about music and he played this song backwards for me and it clearly said......"Smoke Marijuana."

I thought it was cool. And I was an elder then too!

HappyDad

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

I remember when I was about 6 or 7 we played Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" which says in reverse something close to: "It's fun to smoke marijuana".
    I was terrified. My Mom was just studying then but she already had me scared stiff about the demons by this point. To this day, when I hear that song on the radio my stomach turns and it's hard not to turn it off.
    tall penguin

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

WHO the hell plays it backwards?I embarked on a mnemonic odyssey to memorize over 2,000 scriptures from the Bible verbatim (NWT) with associated cross references and commentary. An amazing feat that i achieved after 5 years of crunching mental data most waking moments.I brainwashed myself and explored various ways to input into my memory. Guess what?The only thing that worked was old fashioned BRUTE FORCE ROTE.I used flash cards like we did with multiplication tables.

• daystar
    daystar

This was not just with the JWs by any means. http://www.reversespeech.com/judas.htm

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

There is a backward message on the B side of a Beatles album which states very plainly, "Congratulations, you have found a backward message."

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

It started with the Beatles didn't it?

A song on the Abbey Road album or SPLHCB I think? When you reversed it it said 'I'm a dead man, I'm a dead man.' Of course tht during the speculation that Paul M was dead and being replaced by a look-alike. His no shoes on the AR album, not on the cover of another, etc.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit