DOUBLE STANDARDS FOR DUB DOCTRINES

by Mary 30 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Even if their doctrines about the 144,000 were correct, I'm sure that number would have been reached by the end of the first century, not 1935.

In an article (in the 1950's, I think) they acknowledged this, citing a historical writing that said during the persecution by the Romans, more than 144,000 Christians met their death in a single or closely-related series of events. That led to a QFR in a subsequent issue, asking how this could be. Their lame reply: "Well, the apostasy had set in by then and these professed Christians weren't necessarily all TRUE Christians!"

Of course, the elder who studied with me never mentioned this.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

...Elderly Brother Anointed went on to explain how it was a PRIVILEDGE for the Great Crowd to assist in this preaching work

That's one "privilege" I am very pleased to have relinquished

• Mary
    Mary

Danny, that was a fabulous list----thank you very much for posting that........like the Reformation, I'd like to see Danny's List nailed to the doors of Bethel.

• heathen
    heathen

I think you missed one there danny

women have to share in the public preaching work.

women cannot preach in front of a crowd .

I know they had the observer class dogma , which stated the great crowd has to show up and observe the little flock eating and drinking . They twisted some scriptures in mathew 25 which says nothing about observing . I do hate the way they force members to make the memorial only to sit there looking like idiots passing the emblems around claiming they aren't worthy .What a bunch of retards .

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

It appears the GB has difficulty comprehending the word “some”.
    According to their own Bible: “And he gave some as apostles, some as prophets, SOME as evangelizers, …” Eph 4:11.

According to the dictionary the antonym (opposite) of some, is all.

So, by putting ALL under duress to evangelize:
    “ All dedicated Christians do the work of evangelizers,…” WT 3/15 04 Pg 15.
    “ All true Christians are evangelizers…” WT 12/1 95 Pg 8.
    “… all Christians are evangelizers,..” WT 1/1 68 Pg 4.

we see another example of distortion of the scriptures.

David

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

Going a little further with Heathen's point------Women cannot teach from the platform

Women sure teach a lot from their seat at the WT study

• heathen
    heathen

My point tho is that women should learn in silence as the apostle Paul stated anyway . They force them out to sell magazines and I think it wrong to do so . I also think it a joke they wish to maintain their hypocritical stance by making them take part in the theocratic ministry but also denying them equality . We all know they are just as hard on women or even more so when it comes to selling publications and field service .The theocratic ministry school is pathetic . They pick scriptures for people to comment on but also expect you to learn how to preach when you really have nothing to work with .

• Mary
    Mary
    “And he gave some as apostles, some as prophets, SOME as evangelizers

Bingo. I'm amazed the New World Translation doesn't read: “And he gave some as apostles, some as prophets, ALL as evangelizers.."

I pointed this out to my sister a while ago and said that obviously not everyone back in the first century CE went out preaching, just like not everyone back then was an apostle. Of course she had no answer but just dismissed my idea because she's got alot invested in this religion. It's funny, she was half-bombed a few weeks ago (she's got a drinking problem) and she started preaching to our "worldly" sister about how she "knows this is the Truth and you know you should be doing something about it." When our "worldly" sister replied that she doesn't believe that only JWs are good people or will be the only ones to make it through Armageddon, my Dub sister emphasized that we're the only ones who preach door to door. My worldly sister said "what about the Mormons? They preach door to door." My other sister just rolled her eyes as she had no answer.

I also think it's a double standard whereas so many Witnesses, like my one sister, all have a drinking problem, yet they have no qualms whatsoever about telling everyone else to straighten up their lives, otherwise they won't make it through Armageddon. What about the scripture that says drunkards will not inherit the Kingdom??

• heathen
    heathen

I think that scripture goes on to say that this is the way things will be until complete understanding . ephesians 4:13 . The first church did not have a new testament so they were having to prove to themselves what the truth was in connection with jesus christ . The apostle Paul also did alot of exhorting that all men take a share in the preaching or evangelizing work in other letters . I think he was more concerned that the church through it's actions would turn people away from chritianity if they were not solid in their beliefs . I see the same thing happening to the WTBTS , they do not appear solid in their beliefs and people are turning away .

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I also think it's a double standard whereas so many Witnesses, like my one sister, all have a drinking problem, yet they have no qualms whatsoever about telling everyone else to straighten up their lives,

Reminds me of the cartoon I saw the other day: Two guys in suits w briefcases are at a door, upon which is a sign that reads, "Yes! Do come in and tell me why your religion is better than mine!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit