DOUBLE STANDARDS FOR DUB DOCTRINES

by Mary 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

I just thought of something last night and figured I better post it before I forget it (getting Alzheimers here) about the double standards that the WTS has when it comes to interpreting scriptures.

We all know the story about The Last Supper and how Jesus instituted a New Covenant with his disciples. They all drank the wine and ate the bread as per Jesus' instructions and this custom has been passed down for 2,000 years amongst all Christians except those unfortunate Jehovah's Witnesses who weren't baptized before 1935. The GB's reasoning is that the Christians of the first century all had the heavenly hope which is why they all partook. It's not meant for those of the "Great Crowd" as we're scum under their heels and not worthy enough to partake.

Now, what about the scenario in Matthew 28: 19,20 when Jesus instructed the first century disciples to go and "preach" to everyone. These are the same disciples that all had the heavenly hope right? Therefore, it shouldn't be binding upon those of the Great Crowd right as we're scum under their heels and not worthy enough to preach. Right?........Right?? Oh suddenly-----when it's convenient, this scripture is talking about ALL Christians, not just the "little flock". So why isn't this logic applied to partaking of the emblems?

Your thoughts???

• zeroday
    zeroday

except those unfortunate Jehovah's Witnesses who weren't baptized before 1935
    And yet 2 of the GB are in their 50's.

• gumby
    gumby
    Now, what about the scenario in Matthew 28: 19,20 when Jesus instructed the first century disciples to go and "preach" to everyone. These are the same disciples that all had the heavenly hope right?

Damn girl.....ain't ya ever heard of slaves?!!!!!! You tell me how in the heck 144,000 people stretched over a 2000year period is s'posta preach to all amnkind! I'll be you and 4 other hot sisters could barely preach to 15 people before you needed a damn Winchells Donut break fer cripes sake!

Gumby......i've had waaaay too much coffee

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I've been saying for a long time that MT.28:18-20 applies only to the anointed based on WT teaching.I told that to an elder and he was quick to say "No it doesn't,it applies to all christians".I thought what a hypocrite.It's scary that most of them don't even understand WT doctrines and the few that do just ignore it.

And then there's the famous "Those of us of the great crowd receive the benefits that flow from this kingdom covenant between Jesus and the 144000".

Where is that in the bible???

Goldminer

• Mary
    Mary

Gumbers, what the hell are you doing up this time of day?? You bin doing Street Witnessing in the dark again?? And I always preferred stopping at Garage Sales rather than coffee houses while out in Field Scurvy.

• gumby
    gumby

And I always preferred stopping at Garage Sales rather than coffee houses while out in Field Scurvy.

which would explain why your demunized!

Gumby....* who can't remember if it's Garage sales or Yard Sales that have the demunz*

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Mary,

You are precisely correct about who it is that has the obligation to preach.

You may find it amazing that I heard this very same point made from the platform of my old Kingdom Hall 'way back in the 70's. My recollection is that the Brother making the point was of the anointed. Since I was dealing with my own cognitive dissonace at the time, I took the information as my ticket OFF the door-to-door train. Elderly Brother Anointed went on to explain how it was a PRIVILEDGE for the Great Crowd to assist in this preaching work. He didn't know that I had no "love of god" (the stone god in brooklyn) within me.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Good point Mary!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The watchtower has said that the new testament is primarily for the "annointed". They also say the Mosaic law was done away with. By that reasoning, perhaps the command to abstain from fornication should also apply only to the "annointed".

The society decides what they want in all matters, and their practice is to take scriptures out of context and use them as proof texts. By using this method, anyone can use the bible to say whatever they please.

I think their position on partaking of the emblems™ is a rejection of Jesus. They are Jehovah-centric and do everything possible to minimize Jesus' role.

Even if their doctrines about the 144,000 were correct, I'm sure that number would have been reached by the end of the first century, not 1935.

W

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I've long thought that the 'christian scriptures' were written to the annointed - in other words christians. Its only when Judge Ratherflawed introduced this other class of inferior earthly christians - the great crowd - that you have to ask what would apply (or wouldn't) to them????

Arnie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit