Hatred of the Police

by Sam the Man 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Look at the source of the problem - police training and recruitment. Maybe a box that asks 'ever been bullied at school?' and if they answer yes they are filtered out, lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

I never had any bad experiences with them so I have no reasons to dislike them. I see them as being polite and decent though on occasions they may get overenthusiastic about booking people for minor traffic offences. They probably have a quota to meet.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    They probably have a quota to meet.

I think you've probably nailed it there greendawn - our government seems to be quota obsessed !!

Bull!

• Ellie
    Ellie

You are actually right there, to some extent anyway, TVP, Greater Manchester and North Wales all have quotas for their traffic cops, if they don't make 8 arrests a month then they get investigated, it is a little harsh and I don't really agree with it, but hey, ifyou don't break the law then you have nothing to worry about.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    ifyou don't break the law then you have nothing to worry about.

...Apart from cops under pressure to make arrests to avoid being investigated !!

Lol !

Bull!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Most of the police departments have at least an unwritten quota of traffic citations.

If this is not reached it looks like the cop is sleeping on the job. Only one of several ways of making the cop earn his pay check.

I always found this strange since there are many many drivers that could have been cited and we ignored. If it was a minor violation.

Even on a good day and feeling well, it is hard to put up with the attitudes of Sam /Man. If you behave in an arrogant manner It will not set well with the usual over worked officer. Especially if he has dealt with a few more Sam/Man stops and is not too fond of the loud mouths.

Cops work an 8 hour day? Yes and then they have to go in and write reports and other stacks of paper work. So it is often a nine or ten hour day.

What happened to that paperless society we were promised in the 1980's??

Lets face it, the cops DO HAVE the rights for citations and arrests. This is given to them by the public through voting for or against these laws or not trying to change the laws, using the tools the government gives out. So if you don't like it, do something about it.

There is also an internal investigation unit in the police dept. that one can go to and often an ombudsman, not a part of the police that will look at your claims of abuse.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit