Update on my son....

by orbison11 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Dimples
    Dimples

Best of luck Wendy! Hope everything goes well.

Hugs,

DIMPLES

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

How well I know this joy/agony of seeing a son you haven't set eyes on in years! I happened to meet up with my oldest son for the first time since 1981 (last summer at a birthday party for another son), when that dreadful and hateful WT mag came out about how to treat DFed family members. Of course, being the stupid, loyal and braindead JW that I was.....I stopped all association with him even though he and his nonJW wife had just welcomed a new little boy. My son had done nothing wrong except turn his back on the WTS and had not correctly answered the questions put to him by the elders when they visited.

Things are still VERY tense and strained between us, and my #1 grandson refuses to acknowledge me and walked out of the room when he saw me at Thanksgiving dinner (I was invited and my name was on the place cards on the table so it was no big surprise) but certain people will never get over the way we treated them as JWs no matter how hard we try to gain back their trust and love.

I hope this "coffee" goes a whole lot better than my feeble attempts to get back into the family I made the choice to forget many years ago at the insistance of the WTS cult.............

Looking forward to the updated update......

hugs,

Annie

• Es
    Es

All the best, thinking of ya

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit