Excerpt from Awake!, January 2006

by daniel-p 14 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    BTW, page 31 is probably the biggest joke I have ever seen published in the Awake! magazine. "Can you name the two people NOT in the boat?" - And that's not even the children's section.

I'd love to see a scan of this!

young hearts, be free.. hit the nail on the head (as our PO used to love yelling when no one got the WT answer right... HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD BROTHERS!!!!) when he says

Another exercise in reversing the psychological process
    These were my thoughts exactly.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thanks for that, quite amazing.
    That sentence is word for word what the official Watchtower teaching is. How can anyone possibly write something like that without seeing the irony in it, and how do JWs read it without noticing that something is wrong. I know I used to swallow those types of comments hook, line and sinker, and am still baffled at how the mind can be so accepting and gullible.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This issue does deserve a thread - a landmark in history when the Borg could no longer afford to publish it twice monthly . This one is just dated , "January 2006" .. I thought the first article was quotable

"Beginning with this issue the format of Awake will reflect some changes".................."In its issue of August 22 1946 Awake pledged 'integrity to the truth will be the highest aim of this magazine' True to that promise Awake has always endeavoured to publish factual information"

"Awake will feature even more Bible based articles than in the past"..."Awake will be published monthly in most of the 82 languages in which it appears , formerly it was published semimonthly in many languages " footnote says some are quarterly.

NB . Page 5 just seeks, IMHO, to show the difference between those predicting the end for "planet Earth" and they will go on to say that the planet and the human race will continue in paradise , but only if you follow what they say.

Funny strange article on mold [ we call it mould in real English,] . Not exactly attention grabbing unless you have got in the bathroom!!!

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Hey daniel-p,
    Any chance of you posting a scan of the article on cutting in a separate thread? It's been a topic for discussion on many occasions here and I think it would be good to see something on the subject from the wts.
    Thanks,
    tall penguin

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Any chance of you posting a scan of the article on cutting in a separate thread? It's been a topic for discussion on many occasions here and I think it would be good to see something on the subject from the wts.

Sorry, I dont have a scanner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit