by AlmostAtheist 37 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Bigmouth!
    Welcome 2112
    bigmouth

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

I like that story about those poor dubs walking through that dangerous jungle to get to the kh.That was just a walk in the park compared to what they had to go through to get to the district assembly.I don't remember all the trials and tribulations they had to go through but it was practically unreal;I always wondered how they managed to keep their suits and dresses clean.

Goldminer

• TopHat
    TopHat

I can't remember the story word for word but I got an e mail from a pioneer sister that an Elephant saved a few brothers and sisters from the Tsunami because it was agitated so they took it up to the mountians for a ride and they were all saved. I ask her if that was true because it was so hard to believe...she said a Witness said it so it is true.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ha! 2112 blurted out in the assembly! Remind me to tell you the story of my accidental throwing my pen from the balcony and hitting the speaker! It really was an accident but boy oh boy was I ever in trouble!

One time the DO was encouraging a one income household. Gave two experiences of sisters placing magazines at work.

It didn't make sense to me either.

Maybe he was implying that if you tried to place magazines at work and got your stupid behind FIRED that you would be fine on one income!

I have so many of these experiences... Way to many to list, all along the same lines! Pioneer sister talking about how wonderful and chaste she is yet had just given me a hand job while out in service! (misty misty how I miss her!) Actually it was one of these experiences that caused me to bite the bullet and leave! Was at a convention in GA (tiffton?) This big fat dork was up on stage going on and on about how great a witness he was and they started asking him what sacrifices he had made and he was saying had a huge house had a monster boat a million cars was rich as donald trump etc... From dealing drugs! *Gasp* "I realised that if I ever wanted to get it on with jehober that I needed to clean up my act so I stopped and started working at denny's!" This dick has lived in a beat to shit single-wide trailer HIS WHOLE FREAKING LIFE! If he ever owned a boat it was a canoe that he stole from the local KOA! Anyone who has managed to run a "1000+ employee drug ring" without getting busted could sure as hell do better than cooking at Denny's! I actually blurted out "Bullshit" Like really really loud (oops) the funny thing was for every dirty look I got (lots) there were 2 people who busted out laughing! However that was a turning point for me I actually sat there and articulated for the first time "everything that I've been taught here has been a lie..." Then I got up and left. I left my book bag sitting right there just left it all... (my wife got it, but the gesture was there!) I've been back for memorial one time since that was three years ago... I think these experiences are great for ones who are waking up to the bullshit that they are being fed!

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I'm not sure if read this in their literature or whether it was heresay. But I do seem to remember it being illustrated in the early 80s

Anyway a JW was being chased down by a gang, he ended up in a dead end with a high fence separating him from safety. As the gang neared he closed his eyes and prayed. When he opened his eyes he found himself on the other side of the fence where he managed to make his getaway.

• Gill
    Gill

Only very slighly off topic here, please forgive me Dave, but.... yeah! I can't get over the fact, just when I start to think I've heard and seen all the daftness, badness, awfulness, there is about the WTBTS and its members....it dawns on me, it was ALL LIES!!!!!

Every last big of crap we listened to and were foolish enough to believe...it was all lies!

Nearly five years on from leaving dub land and I'm sitting here still nodding my head in disbelief.

What a Scam! What a con! Wow! Kind of clever, really.! 'Sell my books/mags, and go to my book selling classes and you will be rewarded! You can live ...FOREVER!'

WOW!

If you call yourself a religion, look what you can get away with!

• Confession
    Confession

mkr...

Remind me to tell you the story of my accidental throwing my pen from the balcony and hitting the speaker! It really was an accident but boy oh boy was I ever in trouble!

That sounds flippin' hilarious. Do tell.

Once I recall being at a District Convention at Tiger Stadium in Detroit in the very early 70s. I was about five, and my sister about 9. We were on the upper deck, leaning over the railing, looking down at some people at their seats. There was an older man with a perfectly bald head who was bent over--maybe picking up his books or arranging a cooler or something.

Do you all understand that funny mental state in which you do something that is perhaps not completely intentional--but that you sort of want to do--then it happens??

Well I just kept imagining what it would be like if I drooled over the railing and it hit this bald brother's head. I swear I didn't think I'd actually do it, but all of a sudden there came the drool! And I didn't do much to try an stop it. You could not have imagined a more direct, military hit from about thirty feet. Smack dab, right in the omnicenter of his chrome dome.

My sister and I both turned and looked at each other aghast. Then we bolted big time.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    What a Scam! What a con! Wow! Kind of clever, really.! 'Sell my books/mags, and go to my book selling classes and you will be rewarded! You can live ...FOREVER!'

WOW!

If you call yourself a religion, look what you can get away with!

Yeah, I'm in awe of them over this as well. "We print 'em, you buy 'em, and we'll be in paradise"

That's the second most astounding thing I've ever heard. The first being, of course, that I bought it...

Dave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit