Do any of us really want the truth?

by Qcmbr 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

universal truth = utter depravity

utter depravity = universal truth

depravity

• corruption: moral perversion; impairment of virtue and moral principles; "the luxury and corruption among the upper classes"; "moral degeneracy followed intellectual degeneration"; "its brothels, its opium parlors, its depravity"; "Rome had fallen into moral putrefaction"
  • a corrupt or depraved or degenerate act or practice; "the various turpitudes of modern society"
    wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
  • truth? truth? ...

sex, drugs and rock & roll

enjoy your "truth".

well, i'm off to run in my giant hamster wheel for 8 hours...

TS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, i want truth. I can prove it. I stopped believing in the divine origin of the bible because of truths that i saw. I stopped believing in the wt and being a jw because of some truths that i learned. I believe provisionally in pantheism because i saw it in a meditation. The last item could change if new truths relating to it came up. The two forgoing ones are very solid. God or jesus would have to visit me to help me change them. All truthful indications are that mormon religion is a crock, although socially and emotionally it is set up pretty good. My view on that could change, i suppose, if the angel macaroni came to visit.

I know that you are convinced in your belief. Ok. But, that proves nothing, because there are all kinds of conflicting beliefs being held at the same times. If beliefs affect reality, then there are numerous realities. However, they rarely show in this dimension. Therefore, they are artifact, ie macaroni, jehovah, yhwh, jesus, allah are all human constructs. Those constructs don't do diddly in this dimension. I'm a bit toasted inspired on various substances.

S

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

>> I believe provisionally...
    A more important adverb there never was. This should be the outlook of everyone, as regards each and every belief.
    SNG

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Satanus, are you saying you have become one with the spirits?

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Today I came across the following verse of Antonio Machado:

Se miente más de la cuenta
    por falta de fantasía :
    también la verdad se inventa.

Approximately:

We lie more than we need
    for the lack of fantasy:
    truth too is invented.

Share this

Google+