Would God really bother with such insignificance ?

by Simon 18 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Simon, that's a good question. One religion can't help but ignore.

• logical
    logical

Or maybe it just shows how loving Jah is, and how much he really cares for His creation.

Does it matter how God got here? I think not... cos if God wasnt here, neither would this thread... this universe.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

My life has been going well lately. Even though I allowed JW's to cheat me out of a college education, I'm doing it now in my old age (51). I have a pension and a job that allows me to go to school full time. I was telling someone that because of all this I sometimes think maybe there is a god. Later, I thought how arrogant of me to think that god, if there were one, would worry about my education when he can't be bothered to feed starving children.

Chris in Phoenix
    Variables don't; constants aren't.

• logical
    logical

Simon,

Next time, go out the door, not the window.

• mommy
    mommy

Logical,
    Do you feel that god is not active in our lives today? If you feel he is active can you give examples?
    wendy

Chris,
    Congrats! I think that it is great that you are continuing your education. It is really a sad thing there are so many uneducated Jw's out there. I had not realized until recently that my brother had a 5th grade education and my other brother a 6th grade. My mother took them out on the pretense of home schooling but never did finish it. I myself had minimal schooling as well. I returned for my GED and went onto nursing school, but that is not good enough. I am going back to the university this fall, for a "real" education. It is never too late, and think what an example you are showing others.
    wendy

In a controversy the instant we feel anger, we have already ceased striving for the truth, and have begun striving for ourselves.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

"logical"
    Of course it matters how god hot here. When trying to prove a god exists creationists ask, how could the univerve be here without a creator?
    If it doesn't matter how god got here, it doesn't matter how the universe got here.

Chris in Phoenix

Variables don't; constatns aren't.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

Mommy: thanks for the encouragement. You'll be glad you started working on a degree. What amazes me is even though it's a lot of work it's not as hard as I thought it would be, and it's a lot of fun. I'm majoring in Spanish which is my first love, and I've always thought I was horrible in math, but I actually got an A in advanced algebra. Wonders never cease. It's really easier when you're older. I'm sure you'll have the same experience even if you're not as old as me.

• Francois
    Francois

I'm with you, Simon. I fully believe the universe is TEEMING with life. I do think that something went awry on the planet that keeps it quarantined from the normal spiritual economy of the universe; but something from which the planet will one day recover. But life IMO is everywhere; the creation is crawling with it.

And one day we'll know for sure.

Unfortunately, it's likely we'll all have to die to find out for sure.

Francois

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

It's not an excuse. In fact, believing that a God can 'put right anything' allows people to do 'anything' whereas those that understand that life is precious tend to value it more.

That's too logical for the average religionist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit