Nasal Surgery

by Alana 16 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Hi Alana .I've had the op. twice as the first one gave relief for only about 2 years.Sometimes all the polyps and things can't be safely got to because of the need to poke around near the optic nerves.I needed my ops mostly because of sleep apnoea.I found the worst pain was on waking up and having to talk to some clown in a green gown!And the stitches got caught on food.I think you'll be fine.bigmouth

• Alana
    Alana

Thank you to everyone who responded. I got nasal splints and packing out this morning. I cried as the doctor removed it. I'm not usually such a wimp, but it was sooooo awful. BUT.......now that it's out and it's settled down a few hours, it feels much better. It's amazing to have airflow again....it had been so long.....those to whom I've spoken who have had this procedure, have pretty much all said that it was worth the short-term agony to get the long term effects. If it just cuts back a tiny bit on the constant sinus pain, headaches, and chronic infections, then I believe it will be worth it. I appreciate all your thoughts and cyber-hugs....I really needed them. For those of you who mentioned that you may also need this.......be sure you are prepared for the bad, but keep in mind the good for when it's over. I still need the pain meds, but maybe since the splints are out I can actually get more than 3 hours of sleep tonight! Thank you all again!!!!

• Dimples
    Dimples

Alana,

Surgery is no fun...believe me I know. I hope you heal quickly and get to feeling better real soon.

DIMPLES

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    If it just cuts back a tiny bit on the constant sinus pain, headaches, and chronic infections, then I believe it will be worth it.

Alana,

I'm so glad you're doing well! Usually, short-term pain does mean long term rest in many things in life.

Because of your post, I was curious about how my friend is now doing with her sinus infections, which she had constantly. I emailed her and she said she hasn't had a sinus infection in over a year!!! So there's something to look forward to!

Hugs,

Andi

• ellderwho
    ellderwho
    It's amazing to have airflow again....it had been so long.....

Yeah, air flows great aint it!

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Alana, you have my deepest sympathy. Does this procedure cure snoring? I snore pretty loudly, & my wife would be ever so grateful...

• calico
    calico

(((((((Alana))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit