Favourite Bands...............

by JW72 28 Replies latest jw friends

• claudia
    claudia

Comf, youre right about the rest of their songs. Im sure you can download it somewhere on line.

• claudia
    claudia

Jeff Beck is another favorite of mine, anyone else listen to him?

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Comf & Claudia

Perhaps the definitive Focus album was 'Focus III', 1973 recording. Ackerman always felt it was their best. If you cannot find it let me know, I should be able to track one down for you.

HS

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

COMG the Focus album you want is called 'Moving Waves' and I don't know for sure but I think Papa may have it somewhere. Email me and I will see about sending it to you.

"Hocus Pocus' and Edgar Winter's 'Frankenstein' play great back to back. Follow them with Funkadelic's 'Maggot Brain' and you don't even need drugs to trip out...

Here's my partial list (my fave band is whichever one is grooving me at the moment):

Cream
    Traffic
    Grant Lee Buffalo
    Weezer
    The Beatles
    The Temptations
    Pink Floyd
    Jimi Hendeix Experience
    Brian Augur Express

of course there are hundreds of others. It depends on mood, circumstance, and plain old whim.

I learned the joys of pot from Frank Sinatra: Strangers in the Night IS about smoking for the first time, right? (Doobie, doobie, doo---bie doobie doobie, doobie doobie doo--) Oh you Frank, whatta guy!

• JW72
    JW72

Hi everyone, I'm gonna make a bit of a claim to fame.

I have actually played with Wishbone Ash as a stand-in for one of the guitarists who was ill, it was in 1996.

I also like Focus, you can actually hear my dad whistle on the 'Live at the Rainbow' album!

I have also met Laurie Wisefield who played with Wishbone Ash from 74 to 85ish.

I'd really like to jam 'pilgrim' and 'Vas dis' with you Comf, maybe one day!

Take care,

Chris

• perfectpie
    perfectpie

U2
    The Smashing Pumpkins
    Pearl Jam
    Radiohead
    AC/DC
    Tool
    Collective Soul
    Shawn Colvin
    Led Zeppelin
    Matchbox 20

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

1)Aerosmith
    2)Led Zeppelin
    3)Pink Floyd
    4)Bad Company
    5)Kansas
    6)Santana
    7)Ambrosia
    8)Huey Lewis and the News
    9)The Beatles
    10)Doobie Brothers

I guess I just dated myself. Oh well, mentally I still feel 19.

"By doubting we come at truth" -Cicero

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Hi JW72,

Was Andy active on the gig?

HS

• peterstride
    peterstride

1. Pet Shop Boys
    2. Twins
    3. Alphaville
    4. Gazebo
    5. Den Harrow/Tom Hooker
    6. Paul Parker
    7. Sylvester
    8. Moby
    9. Dschinghis Khan (I just dated myself with that one)
    10. Abba

• JW72
    JW72

Hi Hilary, Yes Andy was there. We were going through some stuff together before we went on stage and he was showing me some licks that I didn't know. I was 16 at the time, so I was a little bit nervous, but I loved it!

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit