Seen smoking a cigarette

by Godsendconspirator 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Godsendconspirator
    Godsendconspirator
    I won't say I got "caught" because that would imply I was keeping my habit hidden. I'm tired of constantly doing that with these guys. Yesterday, my friend and I were waiting for some people and decided to smoke a cigarette to pass the time. 2 jdubs walked by and saw us. these 2 are always preaching together and I guess they were out for some street work. Normally they would stop me like they always do, ask how I am, say they "miss me" and I'd try to be polite as possible to leave the conversation. Instead they said hi, shook my hand and left. It was the funniest thing to me how a little cigarette that I bought from the store for 50 cents scared them off so easily. I saw that they crossed the street and started walking the opposite direction. My friend said that one of them kept trying to look over to us. That same one passed by us again in 10 minutes, this time: no eye contact, no words. Exactly how I wanted.

I'll behave how I want in my own freaking neighborhood and it's nice to feel that freedom again. I wasn't born in but lived in the same area my whole life and it feels liberating to feel like I have complete control over my life again. I'm not nervous over any shepherding call that may come. Luckily I have no family in the organization and was able to built up my friendships with people I almost threw away years ago and able to let go of the friends I thought I had in the borg. 

#couldntBeHappier
  • JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog
    when you can say in your mind "screw these wt zombies"    you are free.!!!!!!!
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Good for you , the one thing that really , really ,  really bugs me ,are the people who mould their life on other peoples expectations of them .

Instead of living the life they want to live

, eg:  Its my life ,  I`ll do whatever I want to do , when and if I want to .

They live their life around what they think others expect of them.:

eg: What will so and so think of me if I have a glass of wine., what will so and so think of me if I do this or that .

Instead of being your own person doing what you want to do your letting other people rule how you live .

You are not true to yourself .

This reply is not aimed at you Godsendconspirator , its just an observation of mine , and not confined only to jehovahs witnesses either,

smiddy

• scary21
    scary21

You know how you feel about a child molester ?  Well that is how they feel about smoking .  Child molester, smoker, child molester, smoker...........it's a toss up

• JamesWHudson
    JamesWHudson
    When I smoked and got disfellowshipped it was the best thing that happened to me. I'm out and been out for 20 some years from the WT. I felt like a jew in Nazi Germany belonging to them. I went back to the Bible my own self and learned it the right. The watchtower has set them selves up as Jesus Christ and a mediator. You only have to go to Jesus Christ to get sins forgiven not the 12 stooges of the watchtower.
  • John_Mann
    John_Mann
    Even a blind squirrel stumble on nuts so JW's get the right position toward smoking.  Smoking will really kill you. And makes Jehoovah sad...  Lol. 
  • stillin
    stillin

Habitual, constant smoking is not good for you. Probably no smoking is good for you, except possibly cannabis for some ailments and some yet-to-be-discovered others things. But occasional smoking is most likely innocuous, no health detriment at all. 

One of these days I will be caught with one of my occasional cigars in my hand. I'll do the Bill Clinton thing, "I didn't inhale!"

No harm, no foul

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Hey Godsendconspirator,

"Abstain from smoke!"  Any "scripture" that really and actually forbids smoking? Didn't think so! 

Anyway, occasionally, my, still-in, wife will complain to me about my smoking a very occasional cigar. (She doesn't tell anyone else that I have the occasional cigar) I've tried to convince her that it's only a matter of time before jehober reveals to the GB (sooooon) the 'nu-lite' regarding the WT "no smoking" policy. It will soooooooon become a "matter of conscience". After all, I only smoke a "FRACTION" of the cigar. I would never think of smoking or consuming the "whole" cigar. "Research" (lol) has discovered that the real nicotine containing "brown cigar cells" are only carried in the butt of the cigar. By not 'consuming (eating)' the butt of the cigar after you have smoked it all the way down to the butt, you have not violated the Holy Governing Body command to; "Abstain from smoke".

If you have any questions, please talk to the local elders as they will be able to direct you to the Smoking Liaison Committee in your area. The Smoking Liaison Committee will be able to tell you exactly what to do assist you on matters of conscience.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Good news--you can quit on YOUR terms when YOU are ready.  Saturn in Sagittarius may be a good time to do this, but there is no need to treat you like scum because you lapse.  Smoking is an extremely difficult habit to break but an easy one to not take up in the first place.

I don't understand why they don't accept how hard it is to quit, or that it can take many attempts before one is totally free from smoking.  And, though there are spiritual meditations one can try if one is ready to quit (including void meditations, runes, and mantras that one can locate through Google), the jokehovians are just as pxxxed if you try them.  It is Satanism--most of these can be found on Joy of Satan--so the jokehovian witlesses do not want anyone using them.  Yet, they don't accept failures and multiple attempts to quit?

And, if you are not yet ready to quit, why is it their business?  Yes, it ruins your health.  Yes, it is a waste of money.  But you and you alone will bear these costs.  I believe they are against it because the money you waste on smoking could be wasted on something even worse--damnation of the whole human race.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Smoking a cigarette may mean no post-Armageddon resurrection for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit