Karl Adams dies

by SadElder 25 Replies latest jw friends

• SadElder
    SadElder

Announced this AM at Crooklyn that long time Bethelite Karl Adams has died.

We didn't know him well, just a passing acquaintance from times past.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Poor soul. Dedicated to a lie.... May he rest from his works.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I know I've heard that name, but I can't place him. What was his job at Bethel?

Cellist

• Kaput
    Kaput

Writing department overseer.

• blondie
    blondie

At least until 2000, Karl Adams was a Gilead instructor.

w00

12/15 p. 25 Motivated to Serve ***

Karl Adams, one of the Gilead instructors, who has been serving at the world headquarters for close to 53 years, spoke on the thought-provoking theme "Where Will You Go From Here?"

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I often wonder about him. He was overseer and worked closely with R Franz and E Dunlap when they left the Org. I wonder how it affected him, and how he continued to be able to promote Watchtower propoganda. In Franz's books he quotes from some of Adams articles to the GB that showed he was not always in agreement with the official teachings. Amazing how he humbly (or ignorantly) just continued on.

• gumby
    gumby

If you dig out your copies of COC....you can read exactly what he did.

Gumby

• onacruse
    onacruse

The "Adams" brothers.

A trinity, if there ever was one.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

According to Franz's book he was not of the annointed; was he on the governing body?

• blondie
    blondie

No, he was not on the governing body. To date, only those who profess being of the anointed are on the governing body. The one sort of exception was Hayden Covington.

w01 1/15 p. 28 How the Governing Body Differs From a Legal Corporation

ANNUAL meetings of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania have been held since January of 1885. When the ingathering of anointed Christians was underway in the late 19th century, the directors and officers of this corporation had the heavenly hope. In fact, this has almost always been the case.

There was one exception. In 1940, Hayden C. Covington—then the Society’s legal counsel and one of the "other sheep," with the earthly hope—was elected a director of the Society. (John 10:16) He served as the Society’s vice president from 1942 to 1945. At that time, Brother Covington stepped aside as a director to comply with what then seemed to be Jehovah’s will—that all directors and officers of the Pennsylvania corporation be anointed Christians. Lyman A. Swingle replaced Hayden C. Covington on the board of directors, and Frederick W. Franz was elected vice president.

Who is on the governing body?

Effective September 1 st 2005 the Governing Body profile is as follows. The numbers next to the names are their ages.

John Barr - 92
    Carey Barber - 100
    Samuel Herd - 70
    Geoffrey Jackson - 50 (new as of 8/25/05)
    Theodore Jaracz - 80
    Steven Lett - 56
    Gerrit Lösch -63
    Anthony Morris - 55 (new as of 8/25/05)
    Guy Pierce - 70
    Albert Schroeder - 94
    David Splane - 61
    Daniel Sydlik - 86

http://www.freeminds.org/history/listofgbmembers.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest