family fights on the holidays...

by under74 34 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74
    My aunt goes around through life feeling as though she has been victimized by everyone - anything even a simple oops could be an act of agression towards her.....when in fact she is the person who starts most things...she's very attention hungry and does anything to get any kind of attention she can....she's the middle child....

And my uncle is the baby of 9 and can't do anything wrong....

crap!!! ARE WE RELATED? Your aunt sounds like my mom. Your uncle souunds like my older brother....

• KimKat
    KimKat

The second Thanksgiving we ever had was with my sister's family. (they also use to be JWs)

Anyway - the one nephew was having a hard time of things with bad memories of his dad (abusive)

and religion. He got really drunk and beat up his younger brother. We had to take the brother to the

hospital. We haven't had Thanksgiving with them since. My husband thinks that our being there

stirred up too many bad memories for the nephew. I still keep in contact with my sister. Kim

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Under 74,

I think all of us with dysfunctional familes are related! LOL...

I always say...my family put the funk...in dysfunctional....LOL!

WG

• Purza
    Purza
    I remember one family holiday when my uncle told my 400 pound aunt to stop eating and snorted at her. She picked up a whole bowl of potato salad and threw it at his head breaking my grandmothers hutch behind him. Then my uncle threw the plate of olives and sweet pickles at her and went for the another bowl of some other food.

It was hard to see everything from the kids table...this whole scene caused my sweet grandmother to yell "What the f*ck are you doing - get out of my house!" to my aunt and uncle. My grandmother is not the type to curse unless you push her over the edge!

OMG I can't even imagine that happening! Did you ever see the movie "Home for the Holidays" with Robert Downey Jr. and Holly Hunter? I always laughed every time I watched it, but sadly, the dysfunction is true.

No incidents in my Thanksgiving -- maybe because I only had friends over and not family.

Purza

• under74
    under74

Forgot to say thanks for all the comments here...so thank you. It was a help in you guys just listening.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit