Is what we believe to be real.....really real?

by gumby 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I love this Optical Delusion. "The Lord works in Mysterious Ways his blunders to perform."

I believe I am six feet for inches tall, 225 pounds, 25 years old, gorgeously handsone, rich, famous.

Aw nuts. It ain't working.

Nate

• ghostbuster
    ghostbuster

Our mind tries to make sense of the environment it find's itself in. Who's to say the brain as a cognitive tool is doing a good job. It's an amazing tool but how good is it really at percepting reality. The idea of reality itself is the brains own creation. I think it's the case of heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for the invite, gumby; irreverent and I went to the in-laws with dubious results. The turkey was good. Didn't you have anywhere to go, gumbalicious?

One year when I was previously inactive, I went to a meal for people without families. It was great! I wasn't a lonely only. I played cards afterwards and took everyone to the cleaners.

Blondie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

It's called colour fatigue, something to do with the different colour receptors in the eye - but it's a long time since I studied colour chemistry and I haven't got my colour physics books here with me to explain how it works!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit