Cell Phone Shockers

by Shakita 10 Replies latest social humour

• Shakita
    Shakita

I have to tell all of you here about the shocking thing that I have witnessed at my place of employment. Let me say that I own a cell phone and I don't have a problem using it. But there has to be some common sense guidelines about where and when a cell phone should not be used.

Several times when I went to the bathroom there was someone on the royal throne taking a dump and happily chatting away on the cell phone. I was thinking: ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Is what you have to say so important that you can't drag yourself away from the cell phone while you are on the crapper? Damnnnnnnnnn! I wonder if the person on the other end (no pun intended) is aware that said cell phone chatterer is doing his business while gabbing happily away.

What's next? Talking on the cell phone while having sex with the missus. Shoot! Just might miss making a great business deal, so why not kill two birds with one stone. That's what I call multi-tasking.

How about all of you guys. Have you witnessed other shocking cell phone usages. What is your story. I don't think that Sir Thomas Crapper ever envisioned this about his most necessary invention.

Mr. Shakita

• bull01lay
    bull01lay
    Several times when I went to the bathroom there was someone on the royal throne taking a dump and happily chatting away on the cell phone

Now this is where the real reason we have two hands comes to light... I mean, you can do it all there really.... have a dump, pick your nose, have a wank or wipe your ass - all with only the use of one hand (and don't try telling me you need two hands to wank....no bragging!).. leaving the other hand free to hold your cell phone while you have a jolly conversation.

God, we're just so well designed !

Bull!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Shakita:
    Ya mean youve never had phone sex.....

...oops, TMI

• Funchback
    Funchback

I work for a major credit card company and cell phones are prohibited from being used in the building.
    But, some people sit on the "crapper" without actually,...well...crapping.
    They are using their cell phones while making a pretend crap.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Ha ha.... I've noticed that going on here, DownUnder as well... Its wrong but its going to get worse. Maybe the worst would be answering the phone whilst having 'relations' with someone. I have heard of that happening.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Just today I read in the paper that some teenager was driving and text messaging at the same time. While his attention was diverted he hit and killed a pedestrian. It's a shame that he felt so compelled to use his phone while driving that he killed someone. I have had a few close calls where someone had to make a quick adjustment while coming right towards me on the road. They were too busy chatting away to notice that there was a driver (me) going the other way.

Ya mean youve never had phone sex.....

Well LT it appears that obsessive cell phone users seem to be the ambidextrous ones.

Mr. Shakita

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I have heard people on the phone while peeing, on more than one occasion. I think its truly disgusting. In not exactly an old school maam but I do think there should be a basic level of etiquette, and this is NOT it.

Speaking of having sex while on the phone, the ex girlfriend of my current partner was so upset when he finished his relationship with her that she found someone to have sex with and phoned his mobile while she was 'on the job'. He missed the call, so it was all on his answerphone.

Now I spent ages thinking how she must have planned and set it up, because she must have deceived the man she was with - you would hardly get a man into the mood of you said 'will you let me hit the phone while we are doing it, I want to upset my last boyfriend'. Also she must have had his number ready to dial, you couldnt really be fumbling about looking for the right number after you had started. And finally she must have hidden the phone so that he didnt realise he was being recorded. All very odd.

I phoned her dad up and asked him to tell his daughter to stop sending recordings of her having sex to my boyfriend.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

I think the most annoying....well outside of those people pooping and chatting......movie cell phone calls.

The conversation usually goes something like this:

"Um, hello.....

No, I'm at the movie theater right.....

No, I can't talk....I'm in the movie right now.....

No, it's on right now....I'll call you back in a little bit....

No, really......I gotta go......

You're kidding?!? Ok....I'll call you in a bit.....

Oh, I don't know maybe another hour or so.....

Ok.....Ok.....yeah.....gotta go.....ok......talk to you in a bit......ok....bye"

Pisses me off to no end. If you left the cell phone on hit the mute button which sends them to voice mail. Jesus people! I don't know when people decided that just because a phone rings you are under some obligation to answer it. I probably don't answer 1/2 my phone calls because I don't feel like talking, watching TV, or spending time with a friend. I can call these people back. I don't need to drop everything I'm doing to be a slave to the phone.

Once upon a time it was cool and chic to have a cell phone. It meant you probably were important. Now it means you are simply self-important. I've decided that the new fad is to have someone carry your cell phone for you, or not carry one at all. This is the newest fad which shows how important you are. I am so important I don't need to be tethered to a phone 24/7.

LOL.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

way to go katiekitten, that would of shut her up! youre right i would of thought of all that too think its a girl thing!

ive had a lad answer the phone while having sex with me just to tell the person what he was doing and then put it down, (not sure how i feel about that!)

• Confession
    Confession

Here's my chance to take the opposing side on a topic!

Look, I certainly see why talking on the cell in a movie theater (or something similar) is completely out of line, but I have to admit I don't understand why so many of you care--when it does not appear to be affecting you. I'm on my cell a lot. I would always put it on vibrate when in a theater or meeting. If I'm with friends I'll usually answer it and explain that I'll call back later--unless I'm engaged in an important conversation or something, in which case I'll hit "End."

If I walk into a mensroom and hear a guy on the toilet, talking on his cell, it might be funny--but it certainly doesn't bother or anger me--like it seems to for many. If I'm in line at the bank, what do I care if the guy behind me takes a call? It's not affecting me. I hear others suggest that a person who takes calls a lot is somehow trying to be "impressive" to others. That cracks me up, as such a thing never occurred to me. I also hear the accusation that someone who answers their cell is "on a tether." "Couldn't it wait till later?" they ask. Sure, it could. But I don't feel I'm on a tether--or that someone is compelling me to answer my phone. I like talking to people--and I'm usually of the mind that a phone call is potentially important or "good news," so I take it.

Does it have to do with how loud the person is speaking? I can admit that when a person sitting near me on a plane (awaiting take-off) is talking very loudly, without consideration for others' ears, THAT's irritating. Then again they can be talking loudly whether on a cell phone or just to the person next to them. When I'm on my cell I endeavor to speak in as low a volume as possible.

So tell me: if it's not affecting you, what's the problem? Just an offense to your personal standard of right or wrong?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit