DID YOU EVER KNOCK ON AN UNUSUAL PLACE?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

1970..........West Virginia unassigned territory that bordered Pennsylvania.........dirt roads and all.

Worst place was a shack where a man and woman lived. The sheep were walking in and out of the place. I was afraid to sit on the dilapidated couch. One of the sheep kept trying to nibble my bookbag and nuzzle me.

However, the people were as nice as could be.

HappyDad

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

We had a illegal brothel set up in a house in our territory. I used to dread having to go knock on it. Sometimes the 'ladies' would come out dressed in skimpy lingerie sneering at us sometimes you'd see them peeking behind the curtains just laughing at us. Errrk....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    We had a illegal brothel set up in a house in our territory. I used to dread having to go knock on it. Sometimes the 'ladies' would come out dressed in skimpy lingerie sneering at us sometimes you'd see them peeking behind the curtains just laughing at us. Errrk....

HOW TERRIBLE...I am suprised they didn't assign that call to elders or mature brothers...

• belbab
    belbab

Going door to door in the dark in a rooming house in Old Montreal, before the congregation book study. We use to have to do that in the old days. If you make too much noise the concierge usually would be alerted and come and kick you out. So I would only knock on the few doors that had a light showing in the crack of the door by the floor. I knocked on one door where there was a light, no answer. I knocked again, and a woman's voice, somewhat puzzled, This the bathroom!

I beat a hasty quiet retreat.

belbab

• c5
    c5

I actually knocked on a Church's door once! LOL When I realized it, we quickly left.

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Um. An elected member of parliament's house, a trailer that was clearly being used as a grow op, oh and I a guy that had been inspired by "god" to paint a very gaudy (pun intended) mural on the ceiling of his shack.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I got one for ya....Once we were in a really bad neighborhood. Mostly poorer apartments ...one of these apartment doors had a padlock on the out side of the apartment door. The sister I was with knocked...I said, Um..obviously no one is home here. She said how do you know. I said the padlock in on the out side. She said. Maybe they don't want anyone one to walk in on them. I said..um..no one on the inside can get out either. She looked at me like I was crazy and knocked again.

lisa

• geevee
    geevee

When I was younger a friend and I called at this old house where 5 girls were sitting on the front porch. As I presented the magazines they were all giggling, my friend wasnt sure why and either was I, but as fearless as ever I proceeded. Some months later I found out that it was an illegal brothel. I felt like a right fool. Too innocent. Next time we did the territory we went there again..... but different tenants.....dern!!

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

wow what alot of brothels!

there was one on the same road as a jw old peoples home and two of the old dears used to walk down each week with the mags, ethel pushed doris in the wheelchair, they used to come back and tell us what good calls they had theyd no idea it was a brothel they had a mag route with someone called gemini and one time came back so happy that shed invited them in but someone had said 'the wheelchair was extra' so they hadnt gone in, (good job eh?)

I used to love knocking on vircariges used to be so certain i had the 'truth' and loved talking to them (mad or what!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit