DID YOU EVER KNOCK ON AN UNUSUAL PLACE?

by badboy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

EG.WHITE HOUSE/BUCKINGHAM PALACE?

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

A hells angels coven (or whatever they are called)

Red light district (not that unusual I suppose, but not too nice being kerb crawled when you are door knocking)

House boats - that was great cos they were so pretty and the people were all weird in a nice way

A camp set up by a group of freethinkers in the last century. They bought a plot of land and built their makeshift houses and a community hall. No roads just loads of windey tracks between trees. Full of second generation free thinkers - but all pretty atheist, so not much fun trying to sell god.

• under74
    under74

The have Hells Angels in England??

• badboy
    badboy

FREETHINKERS CAMP;PLEASE EXPLAIN!

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Hells Angels - yes. Big hairy tattooed things.

I dont know an awful lot about the others. Its a place called 'The Camp' at the top of a hill somewhere near Stroud. Stroud is a town known to attract alternative people anyway, artists, and similar (if I make a list someones bound to get offended).

All I know is that a group of people, associated by the idea of not being monitored and regulated and governed, got together a long time ago and bought a plot of land that they owned and could live on and therefore could make their own social rules. I called them freethinkers, because all i know for certain is that they were not religious. In fact they were pretty religion averse when I did my stint of door knocking there. I think the words 'get off out land' was used!

The people who live there now cant be the original ones, but a lot were oldish, and could well be the children of the original group. I dont know if the people who live there now adhere to the original ideals. I do know that there was no room for any cars at all. The paths linking houses were very narrow and tree covered, a bit like a rabbit warren. It wasnt huge, but was easy to get lost. There was a wooden community hall somewhere in the centre. The houses werent brick. They were more like stationary mobile homes and wooden things, all higgledy piggledy among the trees and paths.

Thats all I can remember really, and I havent been able to find it since either. And whenever I mention the camp people look at me blankly.

• under74
    under74

sorry to go on about this but....they were actual Hell's Angels? Not just biker gang wannabees? They were actually HAs....that have primarily only existed on the West Coast of America? I'm interested in knowing if this gang went beyonf the US and Mexico.,,,

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

sorry to go on about this but....they were actual Hell's Angels? Not just biker gang wannabees? They were actually HAs....that have primarily only existed on the West Coast of America? I'm interested in knowing if this gang went beyonf the US and Mexico.,,,

Hells Angels website: http://www.hells-angels.com/

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I work with a few angels,and they are across europe and canada as well as the states.I think they did start out in the west coast.I have actually worked with one from a swedish chapter.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Oh I dunno now. They had those jackets on that say "Hells Angels" on the back, and they had "Hells Angels painted on the side of the house (it was an end terrace). But I didnt actually get round to asking them if their jackets were the real deal or just cheap knock offs they's got from the market.

Seriously they might have been pretending. Its not like the real fellas are gonna sue them, unless its a registered trade mark now.

I think the chap was pretty nice actually, that came to the door. He looked like he had a hangover, and I think he said "fuck off" quite pleasantly.

• jgnat
    jgnat

lololol Katie. You had the most INTERESTING districts. The Hell's Angels are everywhere. A few years back they moved in here and bullied out the local gangs. (Edmonton, Alberta, Canada).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit