Well that explains it! Wierd guy at work

by Virgogirl 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

We have a very strange guy at work, D. He's in his 40's, lifelong bachelor and wears his pants pulled up real high. He's a perfectionist for following all the company rules to a T and promply snitches and tattles on everyone He drives a huge 4door car that seems a bit out of place for a single guy. He is usually sour and scolds people he passes.This morning, I walked up on a conversation he started with a female employee. D: "Smile, K! Why aren't you smiling!" K: "Because smiling causes wrinkles and I don't want any wrinkles!" D: "Well, Armageddon's coming! Just wait! After Armageddon, you won't have any wrinkles!" Girl "K" couldn't wait to run away from wierd BROTHER "D" for, apparently that's what he is. Why hadn't it even crossed my mind before? Wierd, sexually repressed, obsessed with following rules and unable to have a normal conversation? This "K" girl is attractive and I guess it was his clumsy way of starting up a chat with her, mentioning the marvels Armaggedon will bring!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

o he is a JW right?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I became really bitter and pissy as my JW years wore on. Still working on those things.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I am pretty sure he is, coming out with remarks about Armaggedon coming soon, but I will really have my ears open now! Do you think non JW's gleefully chat about Armageddon, or am I premature?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Do you think non JW's gleefully chat about Armageddon, or am I premature?

Well your social skills as a JW are generally pretty poor so maybe this appeared completely normal for him... Imagine it though.

Did your stomach do flip flops when you realised he was a JoHo?

In the beginning of my fading days I remember working with a lady for a while. She was a total straighty one eighty too. Nice enough but square!! Anyway one day someone was talking about blood which of course was her opportunity to give a witness to us all. I just about died. I felt so bad. I had been swearing and flirting and who knows what else. I was so very, very careful not to give any indication I was a JW. It made it worse because for some reason she took a shine to me and wanted to be my friend at work. She was nice but boy it made things awkward!

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I know what you mean, Miss Peaches! I never liked this guy. Everyone thinks he's mean because he's such a tattle. Now, I find all the dislike's gone out of me. I just feel sorry for him, for the miserable life he has that comes out in his personality, and for the anguish he may have to go through when he discovers it's all for nothing. My feelings about him have changed and I will be more forgiving. Dan, I was often pissy and crabby, too, as a "Witless" girl! My dad called me Craberta the Crab because I was usually down in the mouth and gloomy. By the way, I grew up in Indiana, next door to Ohio!

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?
    I just feel sorry for him, for the miserable life he has that comes out in his personality

No need to feel sorry for him. If he is a JW, then he has the 'truth'.

Separate from the 'world' = weird guy

Gal.5:22 Fruitage of the spirit: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

If he is a witness, he is saved as long as he keeps going to meetings. (Makes sense)

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Caleb I don't know whether to take you seriously or not?

Virgogirl. Yep I totally agree with you. It makes you look at them in a new perspective. I feel sorry for them too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

He kinda sounds like Ed Grimley:

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

LOL @ mrsjones, "I must say."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit