HAD A LAUGH AT THE LITERATURE COUNTER!

by stillAwitness 18 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

So I'm at the literature counter last night picking up my latest magazines (that are used for floor mats in my car when its raining) and there are these 2 bible students (mom and daughter) who are studying with some sister in the hall. (Its obvious since they apparently have not got the memo yet on wearing pants to the meeting but I'm sure that's next chapter in the Require brochure) Anyways so here they are in front of me at the literature counter with a whole list of books and publications they want from the desk including the reasoning book, to tracts even to the WT CD-ROM!

The brother looked obviously uncomfortable and gave them what they wanted till of course they asked for the CD-ROM.

'Uh, sisters. We are not allowed to give out material to anyone not actually on the list. Perhaps you can go to the sister you are studying with and she could explain more. Now, I would be more than happy to give it to you (LIAR!) but we only have a select number available." (PANTS ON FIRE!)

I just thought it was kinda funny. You got these 2 bible students in their pants suits all eager to stock up on some WT literature and are told no. I wanted to be like "uh, excuse me oh wordly ones but ...you're holding up the line!"

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

WHAT!?!?!

Is that true? There is a list of approved people who can have the WT CD ROM.... CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL.

This really annoys me.

Hopefully those bible studies experienced a wake up call after that and will start examining the religon!!!

• jgnat
    jgnat

How much does it cost to duplicate a CD? Ten cents?

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

And If you are DF, don't even THINK about getting a cd. I asked the po why I can't have a KM since I am supposed to go to all the meetings. Blank stare----then---'I guess that is part of the consequences'. So it is all about punishment.

B

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Before my children moved out, they installed some sort of Watchtower stuff on one of my computers. Is that the CD ROM you're talking about? It's called the "Watchtower 2003 Library"?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes it is a contriolled stock item

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Seems like to me you can upload or download the program. Why does the society want to "control" this item?

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    How much does it cost to duplicate a CD? Ten cents?

Costs even less than that to download it.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    Costs even less than that to download it.

from where exactly?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Why does the society want to "control" this item?

Dear Brothers, It has been brought to our attention that some 'zealous ones' throughout Jehobah's organisation have had their faith shipwrecked after closely scrutinising the contents of the Watchtower Library on cd-rom. Therefore, until further notice this loving provision from Jehoba is being made available only to those who are known in their congregation to be exemplary in their faithfulness and who have never questioned any statements made in the name of Jehoba the Faithful Discreet Slave. We are confident this arrangement will insure that the alarming decreases in attendance the congregations are experiencing will subside in time. With warm Christian love, Your Brothers Witchtower Babble and Trick Society Crooklyn, New York

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit