CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS ONE?

by stillAwitness 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    If they rebuild a house for a witness, then they have them sign a document stating that they will turn over the insurance check to them. All of it! They (WTBS) may spend $50,000.00 to build a house worth $100,000.00 and they would take the check for the insurance payment of $100,000.00. So instead of the family getting a break, they get the break. This money could be used for the family to buy new furniture, clothes, etc., but instead the WTBS gets it. Such a loving organization. (The labor is free, materials sometimes are donated, so it makes a person wonder if they pocket most of it.)

Swalker

Swalker---

I've heard this too. I'm not saying you are wrong, but do you know this for a fact?

B

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    If they rebuild a house for a witness, then they have them sign a document stating that they will turn over the insurance check to them. All of it! They (WTBS) may spend $50,000.00 to build a house worth $100,000.00 and they would take the check for the insurance payment of $100,000.00. So instead of the family getting a break, they get the break. This money could be used for the family to buy new furniture, clothes, etc., but instead the WTBS gets it. Such a loving organization. (The labor is free, materials sometimes are donated, so it makes a person wonder if they pocket most of it.)

Swalker

Of course, the society won't replace a family's personal items, like clothing, CD and DVD collection, computer, books, jewellery, furniture, etc. If they did I doubt it would be equal in value to what was lost. Yet a person's insurance policy contains a specific dollar amount for the contents of the dwelling in addition to the value of the building. People should be very careful about signing anything, particularly with the watchtower society.

The watchtower society is a whore that rapes it's members, then follows up by demanding payment for services rendered.

W

• loosie
    loosie

What GALL !!!!

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Blindersoff...I specifically asked an elder who was on the building committee and that's his exact words, not mine. I had heard it also and I just wanted to know from a person "in the know", so I asked. On a previous thread this was backed up by a posterwho had 1st hand experience also. I asked about the exhorbitant funds collected at each assembly and he told me how they arrive at the amount needed. In advance, each circuit comes up with a figure that they think can be collected to send to the Society by the end of the Sunday session. Our circuit for instance always had a deficit (according to announcements) of over $10,000.00 I knew the payment of the assembly hall, and I would sit there and try to figure out how it could possibly cost that much money for a 2 day convention. The elders/Co/Do get together and come up with a figure...say $8000.00 that is going to be sent to headquarters. So they announce to the circuit that the grand total is rent/electricity/water, misc. + $8000.00. Think about it...have you ever heard them break down those amounts??? They can't without giving away their creative accounting!

Swalker

• Gozz
    Gozz

Who knows the law? Shouldn't it be against the law to demand that insurance money is signed away as described above? No that I've first.-hand information about this happening, but if it's true, it should leave the WTS in a legally weak position.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I've seen this a couple of times. Does anyone have a source that isn't hearsay?

• goofy01
    goofy01

I think it would be appropriate to put at the bottom of you check "to be used for....) :)

• lied too
    lied too

THIS JUST IN CULT BUSTED FOR STEELING MONEY

sad to say it but this is nothing new for them. hell the biggest scam they have is quikbuilds. they give you the money for the new kigdomhall and acting as there own bank they hit you with the most incredabile intrest fee you have ever seen. who the hell knows how much money they make a year on that . realy loveing orginazation.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>> when donations are earmarked specifically for a certain disasters, it is necessary in some countries to use such funds only for the purpose specified by the donor

Unless I'm reading something into this, are they saying that if I were to donate for Katrina in a country that did not require them to obey my wishes, they might not? That's sure what it sounds like.

So whether you've marked your contribution for a specific purpose or not, they may just dump it into the general coffers anyway.

Sweeeeettt...

Dave

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Of course, the society won't replace a family's personal items, like clothing, CD and DVD collection, computer, books, jewellery, furniture, etc. If they did I doubt it would be equal in value to what was lost. Yet a person's insurance policy contains a specific dollar amount for the contents of the dwelling in addition to the value of the building. People should be very careful about signing anything, particularly with the watchtower society.

The watchtower society is a whore that rapes it's members, then follows up by demanding payment for services rendered.

W

Is there a Lawyer in the house? What the Watch Tower is doing HAS to be ILLEGAL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit