Caught on tape: Pastor Punched, Keeps on Preaching

by What-A-Coincidence 3 Replies latest social humour

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Good grief! Imagine a scene like this after an announcement, "So and so is no longer one of Jehovah's Witneses" or after a local needs talk. WOW!!! Or have you?

http://cbs2.com/video/[email protected]

WAC

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

They aren't worth going to jail for!

Sherry

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

PASTOR RUSSELL PUNCHED BY ATTORNEY OVER DOCTRINAL DISPUTE

Hon. J. F. Rutherford Says Pastor Teaching Grave Error, Must Be Stopped

BROOKLYN, N.Y.--. The beloved Pastor Charles Russell of the Brooklyn Tabernacle was punched twice in the face last Sunday by Hon. J. F. "Judge" Rutherford over a doctrinal dispute that threatens to shatter the peaceful "spiritual paradise" that Russellites (also known as Bible Students and Millennial Dawners) currently enjoy. According to A. H. Macmillan, a young colporteur in the company of Mr. Rutherford, Russell was expounding on the teaching that Christ Jesus is currently invisibly present and ruler over the earth.

"We all agree that Jesus is currently King and that the times of the Gentiles have ended," Mr. Macmillan declared. "But Jesus came in 1914, not 1874, and Russell was perpetuating an error that is based on faulty Bible chronology." Rutherford was so incensed at Russell's claim to the contrary that he rushed up to the podium in the middle of Russell's lecture and gave him two swipes in the face, screaming, "You son of a bitch, you told me you were going to drop 1874!" Pastor Russell, with blood streaming down his face, continued with his lecture undaunted.

The Times interviewed Mr. Rutherford in his cell about the recent scrap. "I had to get him to stop teaching error," Mr. Rutherford said. "There are some things, well a lot of things, that the good Pastor and I do not see eye-to-eye on. I love him and wish him well, but I am sure our invisible King wants us not to be teaching error. According to Bible chronology, he will be evaluating all the churches around the world in 1918, and choose for himself the church that best represents his interests. Naturally, I want Christ to select us to be his own organization. But I am afraid that the way things are going, he's going to pass us up for the Christadelphians."

Mr. Rutherford was asked what would happen if he should become President in the place of Russell. "Well, if that were ever to happen, I would immediately remove all Babylonish practices and false teachings that we continue to teach, as Jehovah's lightnings make clear." He then gave a long list of teachings and practices that the Millennial Dawnists continue to perpetuate. "When I become President, I will get rid of all these teachings right away, especially 1874, unless of course we were sidetracked by other events like a major schism in the movement, power struggles among the directors of the organization, being thrown in prison for encouraging insubordination in the US military, or other extremely unlikely events.

When asked about Mr. Rutherford's aspirations, Mr. Russell was nonplussed. He said that Mr. Rutherford will be offered a lucrative position in California in a law firm, and hopefully that will be the end of that. Mr. Russell will embark on a national speaking tour this fall, bringing him through California and Texas in October.

Many Bible Students in the audience however were completely stunned by the violence exhibited in their presence, and towards the man that they call "that servant". "I wanted to get up and kick Mr. Rutherford's ass," said Mr. Frederick Franz, 19, of Cincinnati, Ohio. "But my old man was there and he told me to remember the counsel on character development, so I had to restrain myself. It was very difficult."

Mr. Rutherford is expected to pay a $20 fine and be released Friday with time served.

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I reckon we should file this one under "educational" !

Lol

Bull!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit