Society Needs to "Conserve Contributed Funds"

by Severus 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I got an idea. Why not put the works of art known as the Watchtower and Awake! in pdf format. Then the publishers or no better yet the secretary can download them and print them out on his little bubblejet, no better yet dot matrix printer.

No more costly shipping, no more ink and paper charges... hmmm I think Ill put that in the suggestion box at the hall.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

You mean all this time I could've podcasted the latest Watchtower and Awake on my iPod? (***slaps hand on forehead like Bull Shannon***)

ROFL

• magoo
    magoo

.............they need the extra cash for:

legal defense

new high rise condos

travel expenses for gb..............

magoo

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I didn't even know Awake was being published once per month now?

Boy, I got a bunch of "apostates" who know more than I do! And my meeting attendance has gone up too! No Fair!

• Spectre
    Spectre

Slacker.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I didn't even know Awake was being published once per month now?
    stillawitness, the once a month begins with the January 8, 2006 issue. I notice you're from Georgia. Maybe we are in the same congregation and maybe we aren't.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Maybe if they weren't so dead set against education some of the flock might actually do something productive with their lives and earn money, thereby tithing the WTBS. But no...that would mean modernizing their teachings....can't have that can we?

• Roddy
    Roddy

What is all the money for?

For the Society, I guess.

I wonder how Witnesses meeting in their kingdom and assembly halls would react knowing that all the money they pleged and continue to contribute for the upkeep of THEIR hall is actually tribute paid to the Society for using the facility? Unknown to them their elders, without so much as an announcement to the congregations, transfered ownership of the property to the Society for zero dollars.

(That's why I think all the parlimentary rules they follow when they ask the congregation for a vote for cutting checks and approving expenses for trivial matters as nothing more than a farce.)

The Society has it made. They get thousands of pieces of free real estate all around the world where all the maintenence is paid for by the Witnesses. They don't spend a penny.

And they keep looking for more money? I feel sick inside.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit