Society Needs to "Conserve Contributed Funds"

by Severus 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Severus
    Severus

In another effort to crimp the production of materials, the Society is asking JW members to consider reducing their orders of Watchtower & Awake! audio recordings.

At Service Meetings this week, a letter is read to the congregation:

Publishers are asked to "conserve contributed funds" by considering which of the 3 formats of audio recording they really need. The 3 formats are CD, MP3 (on CD) and cassette tape.

The push is to "greatly reduce production cost" by limiting orders of one format only to each household. The letter states copying the material for use in the household does not violate copyright laws.

It is noted that material for producing cassette tapes is becoming more expense and difficult to find. (Is this a hint that tapes will soon be discontinued?)

Publishers are asked to evaluate how to reduce their order and cancel any audio orders with the literature servant as soon as possible.

In a separate letter, read at the same meeting:

It has been annouced that the Watchtower & Awake! CD and MP3 recordings will continue to be released twice a month, even though the Awake! will only be published once a month beginning January 1, 2006.

The first CD of each month will contain the first Watchtower (dated the 1st) and the monthly Awake! The second CD will contain the second Watchtower (dated the 15th) and the same monthly Awake!

Comments: This is the latest in an ongoing effort to downsize and minimize the "spiritual feeding program" produced by the "Faithful and Discreet Slave". Previous cost-cutting:

• no meals at conventions and assemblies
    • elimination of magazine subscriptions
    • reducing publication of Awake! magazine from twice-monthly to monthly
    • the mandate to provide paper-back bibles to the public while limiting hard-bound Bibles to publishers only.

Meanwhile it is hard to ignor the pledge-drives at conventions and assemblies that tack a contribution for the world-wide-work to "operating costs". This amount is usually $3,000 - $5,000 for assemblies and over $10,000 for conventions per circuit/district in the US.

What is all the money for?

• sf
    sf
    What is all the money for?

THAT is what 'we' are trying to smoke out.

sKally

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    the mandate to provide paper-back bibles to the public while limiting hard-bound Bibles to publishers only.

Yay! Most books for the pulishers are paperback too now.

• juni
    juni

Isn't it amazing? In the "old" days they didn't hammer you for money at all. What don't they get? So many families are struggling to provide for their families' necessities. Not luxury items. They need to humble themselves and tighten their belts.

You might find the TOPIC that I posted this AM interesting. Happy Holidays, Juni :)

• sf
    sf
    Most books for the pulishers are paperback too now.

Ignites and burns faster this way. Less toxic fumes too. Unless, and I do, consider it toxic waste all together.

In that case, please be cautious while attempting to burn it.

sKally

• metatron
    metatron

This is wonderful news. I can't believe that a relative few cassettes saved will actually conserve that much money.

The Circuit Overseer's comment that congregations are "bleeding the Society white" is very happy news. With any luck,

we'll soon see the complete cancellation of the Awake and its fear mongering.

metatron

• Severus
  • Bryan
    Bryan

Maybe they're going to dump their Billions into the stock market in one shot in an attempt to crash it, and bring on Armageddon!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Jourles
    Jourles

Someone needs to get on the ball in Brooklyn and tell the GB that they should start offering the WT and Awakes on MP3 via download through the web instead of on CDROM. That is a waste of money right there. The local publishers could burn their own CD's and pass them out to whoever needs them. Saves a ton of money and it puts 98% of the expense on the local bros instead of HQ. HQ only has to pay for the bandwidth associated with the downloads.

And you know that there are a ton of brothers and sisters that would love to do this for the congo("Look at me, look at me - I'm helping the brothers out!"). Just look at the ones that type out all those mini-books for the DC's to take notes in.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Bound Volumes must be getting some very close scrutiny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit