"Jesus saves because he died for us."

by daniel-p 10 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Jesus saves because he died for us. And what a valuable provision his death is! When we see it as a part of God's solution to the complex problem of Adam's sin, our faith in Jehovah and his way of doing things is strengthened. Yes, Jesus' death is a means of rescuing "everyone exercising faith" in him from sin, disease, old age, and death itself. (John 3:16) Are you thankful to God for making this loving arrangement for our salvation?"

http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2001/11/15/article_01.htm

Also, mentioning "exercising faith" without reiterating how important more and more 'works' are?

These castrated and fluffed-up articles they put up on their website are sickening....

• lime05
    lime05
    Are you thankful to God for making this loving arrangement for our salvation?"

erm not exactly. considering we are suffering with ageing, sickness and death because his first human 'creation' adam and eve ate the wrong fruit.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    erm not exactly. considering we are suffering with ageing, sickness and death because his first human 'creation' adam and eve ate the wrong fruit.

I often wonder why God let Satan stick around to make life even more miserable for us humans.

The way I see it..God could have bound Satan up for the duration of time needed to prove he has faithful ones who will worship him (GOD) that is.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

"I'm so glad we've come to our senses and now worship a carpender who's been dead for 200 years..."

The whole stupid idea is sickening...

• lime05
    lime05
    The way I see it..God could have bound Satan up for the duration of time needed to prove he has faithful ones who will worship him (GOD) that is.

good point. as God is an all powerfull omnipresent being, God could destroy the devil today if he wanted to but of course we mere mortal humans are being put through 'a test' to see if we do Gods will. but as we are 'in the last days' that 'test' will soon be coming to an end. when it does come to an, what about all the generations of people who have yet to be born? why dont they get to prove themselves? not exactly a fair test by our perfect creator is it.

• rolla4rolla
    rolla4rolla

Interesting thought, that we are here all for the sake of a test (on us). Have you considered that the purposes of God are not so much to do with proving human ability, but much more about God's ability ... Perhaps God's desire for us has less to do with making life easy, and more to do with creating a people that are holy and blameless, and like Christ Jesus. Be patient, God is not done his work in me yet ...

How true, that the death of Jesus is our salvation and the price of our sin; how much more, then, is our hope in his resurrection! How great his love and power!

• defd
    defd

Daniel that is not sickening.....Jesus saves because he died for us. And what a valuable provision his death is! When we see it as a part of God's solution to the complex problem of Adam's sin, our faith in Jehovah and his way of doing things is strengthened. Yes, Jesus' death is a means of rescuing "everyone exercising faith" in him from sin, disease, old age, and death itself. (John 3:16) Are you thankful to God for making this loving arrangement for our salvation?"

Its true. So what is YOUR answer to that question? Are you thankful to Jehovah for making this loving arrangement for our salvation?

D.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Its true. So what is YOUR answer to that question? Are you thankful to Jehovah for making this loving arrangement for our salvation?

D."

What's sickening is that the real truth of that statement is hidden to the casual readers of the WT website. It's not about salvation from faith, it's about salvation from works. The Society admits it's both, but they heavily emphasize 'works' - something they do not let on about until a person is far enough along that they cannot exit easily.

I'm not making any judgements about the means for salvation through exercising faith in the ransom - I am judging the Society's misleading presentation of their interpretation of how to apply the ransom.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Have you ever considered that the Apostle Paul and the early disciples had it all wrong? Could it not be that the real reason Jesus went through the "cruxifixion thingie" was to demonstrate that death was not real and could be overcome? I do not believe in a God that requires "sacrifice".

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think I would be a little disappointed if my father required me to suffer and die so he could forgive someone else, after all, it's just a mental thing with God.

I think it's just a fable, after all it's been 2000 years since he supposedly gave his sacrifice and nothing has happened since. Oh, I forgot, he has to destroy all the non-belivers before he does anything and he wants it to be a big deal, so wait untill there are billions of people to kill.

Good luck to all you believers, I guess I'll just be killed and rot or maybe burn forever in hell, depending on who you listen to.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit