Elders School Part 3: Your talks kinda blow, brothers...

by sir82 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

"Imagine that you see someone fishing, but he has his hook above the water, and there's no bait on it. How much fish is he going to catch? Not very much!
    This basically explains why there's no growth in the Organization anymore.....there's no bait! How many fish can you catch if your bait is a mouldy old carrot?
    And fishermen are persistent, they go early in the morning, late at night. We should go in service early in the morning, conduct studies into the night, etc. etc."
    LOL! Ya right. Fishermen go where the fish are. If they're not catching any in a certain area, they don't stay there----they move to a different location. And isn't there some scripture in the bible that talks about this? I can't remember if the parable was about a farmer letting his fields lay because the soil was exhausted and nothing would grow, or if it talked about a fisherman picking up and moving on if there were no fish in his area. Seeing as the territories in developed lands have been worked to death and are not yielding any "rewards", shouldn't they take Jesus' suggestion and just let the fields lie for a while?

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

So let me see, with all the added burden of rules at this KM school, and looking after his family, an elder is expected to go out in service early in the morning and conduct studies late at night.

• willyloman
    willyloman
    So the brother who had the final part goes on stage, takes out his songbook, and says, Well, brothers, I had this part all prepared, but we're out of time. Maybe we can fit it into the next local needs part. Let's sing song #.....

Same thing happened in our congo once; the PO pounced on him after and read him the riot act. The brother stood there for a short while, then said, "You're counseling the wrong guy," and walked away. Loved it!

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    the WT Rapture Express

Honesty - that had me in stitches!

thanks for posting this sir82

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    We should go in service early in the morning, conduct studies into the night, etc. etc."

Fcker better not come knocking on my door at those hours!

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

GGG said......

We had an elder once who always went overtime... waaaaay overtime. He was spoken to privately but nothing helped. So once, he was assigned the second part on the service meeting, and used up all but 5 mins. of the next part, too. So the brother who had the final part goes on stage, takes out his songbook, and says, Well, brothers, I had this part all prepared, but we're out of time. Maybe we can fit it into the next local needs part. Let's sing song #.....

This happened to me several times when I was an elder and I did almost the exact same thing. The only thing I did different was tell the cong. what my part was supposed to be about and for them to go over it when they had time. NOTHING was ever said to me or done about the continuing problem.

Once when I had a part that was 10 or 15 minutes and the bro before me took about 7 minutes of my time, I cut my part short enough to finish on time for the next bro. I also commented that I didn't want to take time away from the following bro. since his part was very important.

Sure glad I'm not there or even think about it anymore.

HappyDad

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda
    Ve must have conformity!

RTFLMAO!

• AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit