My Prediction: More Elders, Ministerial Servants & Pioneers Will Be Removed

by minimus 43 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

because of this college rule. I know many family "hads" that have decided that they wanted to have their children go to school. I know of some older ones that have gone to community college to get a degree so as to have a better paying job. Such ones that have done this will inevitably be looked down upon by the self righteous mature ones. CO's will come thru the congregations and examine who's doing and saying what. The crackdown has begun and the breakdown is now in sight!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Funny you should mention this........

I found out that an elder came back from the school and resigned.....the reason.....

No longer able to agree, with many points made.

Thats why I looking forward to Sir's next two posts.

• minimus
    minimus

The CRAZY thing is that they really don't care if they lose "good men" To them, a "good brother" is one that will do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they are told to do. Like a good soldier in the military.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Hey Min...

I agree, I am so glad I am not exposed to the Guilt, Fault and Blame anymore than I am right now.

• Confession
    Confession

Interesting. I have the sense you're right about this. Kinda funny, but there seems to be an unstoppable undercurrent of JWs going to college. (Or as we used to prefer calling it, "taking some classes.") Every time the WTS publishes more warnings about not doing so--while so many are--it perhaps decreases their mental dependency on the organization. They are faced with the fact that they are in conflict with the WTS--but that it's okay. My daughter has introduced me to the fact that a growing number of JW youths (yes even solid young JWs) are openly admitting among themselves that--even though they regard it as "the Truth," they don't accept everything the old guys in Brooklyn say as the unalterable will of God. A step in the direction of freedom from mental enslavement.

• minimus
    minimus

OMG, being a JW truly SUCKS! Why would anyone subject themselves to being pigeon holed in life??

• xjwms
    xjwms

You're right

How does the scrip. go? This is what some of you were...........................

• minimus
    minimus

After reading Sir's comments, how could anyone want to be an elder? I can't believe I stuck with it for soooooo long!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

More Elders, Ministerial Servants & Pioneers Will Be Removed

I'm sure most of them won't mind. The ones who would mind the most are some of the elderettes who enjoy the status that comes with having an elder for a hubby.

W

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    Funny you should mention this........

I found out that an elder came back from the school and resigned.....the reason.....

No longer able to agree, with many points made.

Thats why I looking forward to Sir's next two posts.

Any more info on this? -ithinkisee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit