Negative JW's

by pc 20 Replies latest jw friends

• desbah
    desbah

talk about negative...right now I'm taking care of my elderly JW mother and its hard coping with her "end of the system" rants, I grew up with the fear of armageddon will strike any day and only the faithful dubs will survive.

I got out of that cult religion when I left home at eighteen and slowly learned to live a more positive life. It took a while but I found Jesus and got my faith back in God.

I did have a problem with my dub sister, she would come to visit our mother. My dub sister has that negative personality thats instill with the teaching of WT, anyway my sister used it to scare my elderly mother into going to the kingdum hall with her. One Sunday my elderly mother thru a fit at the kingdum hall that embarrassed my sister now my sister has stopped taking her to the dub meetings.

As for my JW mother, it doesn't bother me when she says negative words...right now I trying to make my elderly mother see the positive way of thinking.

~desbah~

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yup, hubby's cup is always half-empty. But I think he's congenitally built that way. He watches the evening news for the latest stories of corruption and destruction.

Think about it. As a JW the ONLY HOPE you have is that the world goes from bad to worse AS FAST AS IT CAN so you can GET IT OVER WITH and enjoy YOUR REAL LIFE on PARADISE EARTH. I am sure Jehovah will be well-pleased to accept these emotional couch-potatoes on to the renewed, revitalized, refreshed planet.

Me, I'm definitely a half-cup full lady.

I'd rather jig barefoot through the buttercups. SURE I know there's a cliff nearby, but who wants to waste their lives worrying about the edge? I CHOOSE to live optomistically, because I LIKE MYSELF better when I'm happy. So I BUMP those pep-talks of Jesus' to the top, like EACH DAY HAS ENOUGH TROUBLE OF IT'S OWN and DON'T WORRY ABOUT TOMORROW and BE LIKE A SPARROW chirping and scratching away in the ditches and hedges. There has to be a grub in there somewhere!

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I notice with my husbands mother and his sisters that are JW's they are negative.

When my Mother in Law talks I swear I hear Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh....LOL!

WG

• daystar
    daystar

I think Debbie Downer must be a JW...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debbie_Downer

• pc
    pc

Why Georgia That's so funny that's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote the post, but I couldn't remember how to spell Eeyore.

You want to talk about negative, my dad's answering message after leave your name blah blah...SAYS AND STAY SAFE !!!

How bizarre

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do ya reckin sumpin mite be missin' in the dubs' lives?

After worshiping Him, they returned to Jerusalem with great joy. Luke 24:52 (HCSB)

“I have spoken these things to you so that My joy may be in you and your joy may be complete. John 15:11 (HCSB)

Now I am coming to You,

and I speak these things in the world

so that they may have My joy completed in them. John 17:13 (HCSB)

for the kingdom of God is not eating and drinking, but righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit. Romans 14:17 (HCSB)

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 (HCSB)

Love finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth 1 Cor 13:6 (HCSB)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy... Gal 5:22 (HCSB)

• Golf
    Golf

Without question they are a negative group of people, without question!

Golf

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

What really have they got to be happy about? They slave their lives away for the WTBTS trying to get the carrot being dangled in front of them but never getting it.

The occasional pat on the head from fellow congregation members gives a momentary high but doesn't last very long.

That organisation focuses on the negative to try and convert people.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I have always been a generally upbeat person,but being a jw was a totally negative experience, and it took me a long time to fegain my exuberamce. I am pretty much my old self again now, but I have been away almost 6 years, actually next tuesday is exactly 6 years to the day since my last meeting. I guess it took around 4 of those years before I got over the negativity.

• M.J.
    M.J.

My wife started saying I live in a dream world where everything's so great...that I fail to see how bad things are. I said, "sure things are bad out there for lots of people. But does that have to make MY life rotten?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit