XBOX 360

by Grouper 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• desbah
    desbah

packages for XboxX 360 start at $400.00 and up....I checked out Best Buy web site and they sold out!! I figure this XboX system will be the hardest to get X-mas gift, and the games are not cheap around $50.00

• chrissy
    chrissy

nice! cant wait to see this thing. i hear the graphics are stellar.

• Grouper
    Grouper

I got mine last night and was able to play with it a little. My impressions of it so far are positive. The online service is great and aesthetically it just looks awesome. I bought two games for it Perfect Dark and Kameo I didn't get a chance to play them yet. I networked it to my PC and was watching my photos and playing my music on my TV connected to my 5.1 surround sound in my living room. I don’t yet have a HD TV but it still looks great.

This system is much more powerful than a cost comparable PC. At $400 you get a system that has three 3.2 GHz processors as its CPU, 512 MB of RAM and a custom ATI video card. (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/xbox360/powerplay.htm)

A comparable computer would be more like an Alienware, which cost up to $3000.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The puff piece in time mag made it look revolutionary. As grouper mentioned, it's designed to tie all your media components together. It's being sold below cost in order to cash in on the following waves.

S

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Maybe it's because (to my chagrin) I've never been an ace gamer, but it seems to me that the games that accompany these modern gaming systems require an incredible input of time to master and defeat compared to the games of yesteryear. So I can't imagine where hardcore gamers like Simon, who also work full-time jobs and have families and administer websites, find the time for these games.

Dan, is-the-day-48-hours-long-for-some-people? class

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

MrsJones!!! I had no clue you worked at TARGET!!!

I'm FSTL here at store #1824.

But yeah, we were sold out at 8:05 tuesday morning. 5 minutes after opening. Nobody seems to want the core system, but they went too.

So I have a friend at school who got one. He called me and a few friends to tell us, and we all skipped a few classes to go play Call of duty. LET ME SAY, IT IS FREAKING AWESOME.

Not nice, not better, but FREAKING AWESOME. On a Cinego projecting about an 11 foot picture on a wall, everything was crisp and beautiful. (I love my rich friends)

• riko
    riko

The console isn't released over here til December 3rd but it does look amazing

Grouper, you must tell us how cool Perfect Dark is, I remember playing that on the N64 and it was one of the coolest multiplayer games ever. I'm assistant manager of a music/video/games store so getting hold of one, hopefully will be ok. I hope...

• Simon
    Simon
    So I can't imagine where hardcore gamers like Simon, who also work full-time jobs and have families and administer websites, find the time for these games.

i wouldn't rate myself as a hardcore gamer. I used to play the Command & Conquer series a lot and was pretty good at that online (in the top few hundred) but that was as 'obsessed' as I've been.

I like the XBox - the Live games are great but there are plenty games you can pickup and blast away on and then put down. It can help you unwind after a long day at the office, blasting round the nurberg in an Enzo Ferrari or taking on a unit in Ghost Recon.

Games have come a long way since the Binatone system we first had !

• Simon
    Simon

BTW: You are getting a real bargain - the $400 console is estimated to cost $550 just to make (at the factory) and $700 to get to the customer !

http://www.tgdaily.com/2005/11/23/xbox360_cost_estimated/index.html

• Grouper
    Grouper

Update:

Riko- Started playing PDZ, the game looks great but not nearly as great as on HD tvs that display the 360 at stores.

I am now looking for a HD TV in the $1000-$2000 range, any suggestions?

I have not played the online part of it yet but from people I've talked to that is where this game shines.

I only played like 35 minutes of the game because I have been playing this game I bought for $4 from the live arcade called Geometry Wars, this game is fast, easy to learn and beautiful. It is a 2D game but it is addicting it reminds me of a cross between Asteriods anf Tempest 2000.

So far very happy with 360.

This live arcade and Microsoft Points bundle I think has a lot of potential.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit