Nothing in Reasoning book about Disfellowshipping

by Goldminer 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

The shunning doctrine is the only Jehovah's Witness doctrine that I really like. It's like Christmas morning 365 days a year. It's the gift that keeps on giving. The Witness that thought up the shunning practice was a genius:-)

• biddie
    biddie

Garybuss- I get you're meaning! it probably does alot of good if you think about it!!! Biddie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    The shunning doctrine is the only Jehovah's Witness doctrine that I really like. It's like Christmas morning 365 days a year. It's the gift that keeps on giving. The Witness that thought up the shunning practice was a genius:-)

Very true! I shun Jehovah's Witnesses and I love it! I don't think I could have thought up such a doctrine on my own, but because of the Watchtower Society I am now very familiar with the practice, and I engage in it at every opportunity.

W

• biddie
    biddie

Shun them- but love them! showing them love is the one thing that can lift the veil from their eyes! Biddie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    But if anyone thereafter makes a practice of adultery, fornication, homosexuality, drug abuse, drunkenness, lying, or stealing, he will be disfellowshipped from the organization.

They usually tack a "or other unscriptural practice" in there so they can get away with their other DF'ing offenses like not believing their crap doctrines, slapping an elder, or licking a postage stamp top to bottom instead of the recommended bottom-to-top. I'm surprised they limited it like this.

Everybody who wants to be GaryBus when they grow up, say Aye!

AYE!!!

Dave

• biddie
    biddie

AYE! Biddie

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Thanks for the comments guys.I had to laugh at uncle Gary twist on it,I'm sure the jw's don't like it when they're fed their own self-righteous medicine.

Thanks for that quote Blondie,I guess they did slip it in there.They just didn't bother explaining it in a reasonable manner or how it relates to the parable of the prodigal son.

I remember one time a sister called my wife to tell so-and-so was getting df'd next week,so if she wanted to talk to her,she should do it now.I thought HOW STUPID!!! If all the jw's know this person is getting df'd,do they need the elders to tell them they can talk to her anymore.I can talk to her today but I won't be able to tomorrow??? What stupid reasoning.It just showed me how these people can't make their own decisions,they need somebody else to tell who they can associate with and who they can't associate with.

Goldminer

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

yeah, they just dont want you to know, cuz you just might think to yourself... this is fucked up.... FUCKED UP! just like the rest of them dubs i guess...

the infamous one

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    licking a postage stamp top to bottom instead of the recommended bottom-to-top.

ROFL.....

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I so agree with Garybuss, I love being shunned by the jws these days. it means I'll never have to listen to their bullshit again. If I'm in a town where I'm not known and a jw approaches me, I take pleasure in telling them of my da'd status, so they leave me alone

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit