is it just me or do mormons look happier than jdubs?

by in a new york bethel minute 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

I've had extensive contact with LDS (Latter Day Saint, "Mormon") Christians over the last several decades, and I can attest they are in fact much happier and better adjusted (for the most part, there are always exceptions) than JW's. This is due to their positive, life-embracing worldview. In contrast, Witnesses are anti-world and anti-life, simply waiting and hoping for the end of the world so they can REALLY start to live.

In the LDS worldview, unlike Witnesses, marriage and sexual union are eternal. A faithful LDS couple believe they will become a God and Goddess and their deified sexual union will give birth to divine offspring, and they will populate their own world.

All of life in the LDS worldview has been redeemed by Christ and will share in the Resurrection.

Education is strongly stressed, as is family, and comunity. Success in life is strongly encouraged. I've found you cannot ask for better neighbors and co-workers than LDS Christians. Their willingness to help is amazing. My wife and I were helped out of a tight jam by the LDS church in Ann Arbor. We were given nearly three thousand dollars 25 years ago, no strings attached. Try THAT at your local Kingdom Hall or even your local Fundy Church. Or ANY other church for that matter!

If you quote the scripture "give to him that asks" to most LDS Christians, they will obey Christ.

I love Mormon people and the Mormon church. I would BE a Mormon but I know their teachings are simply fantastic delusions. Plus they expect too much time, effort, and money!

The LDS church and people arent fault-free, but if you're looking for a faith community that really seeks to put the Christian ethos into effect, look no further.

Nate

• lucky
    lucky

check out this link:

• lucky
    lucky

check out this link regarding rules for mormon missionaries. I found it pretty interesting: http://www.exmormon.org/mormon/mormon244.htm

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit
    I am happy to be corrected;if I am wrong, but I understand that Mormon Missionaries are engaged as such for two years only. Before that and after that, there is no requirement to hand in a "Monthly Report" - or else receive the pineapple ;if you don't, as is the case with the JWs.

I have to tilt my agreement in this direction. It's one thing to never be able to "Do enough" your entire life, it's another to know that you'll be able to have this experience and then get on with "real life" when your time's over.

(Nate here. I thought we were talking about Mormons in general, not missionaries in particular. I'm talking about LDS Christians in general. They are a much happier, pleasnt, positive, alive bunch that any group of JW's.
    Nate)

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

To InthinkIsee

Also, a Mormon doesn't absolutely, positively, have to go on a mission.

Jehovah's Witnesses will also tell you that you don't absolutely positively HAVE to go out in field service. It is just something you SHOULD naturally want to do out of "love".

-ithinkisee

In this case it's the truth. If you don't want to go on a mission, no one is going to force you or browbeat you. However, having gone on a mission is helpful down the road if you decide you would like to exercise your ego and become a bishop or stake president. I have never met an LDS bishop (really just a congregational overseer) or stake pres (more like an actual bishop) that had not gone on a mission.
    Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Dear Bonny, you wrote:

"We've been invited to go, but probably won't. Two things holding me back are, 1) the chance that someone in the family will find out (my daughter and my father are still strong dubs), and 2) why would we want to exchange one high-control religion for another one? But, judging, from your comments, they are not as high-control as the WT. "

My first reaction was "Oh for pity sake! Why let your family control your life?" Then I realized just how important these people are to you, and took the oposite attitude. I commiserate.

The Mormons are not high-control like the WTBTS. You have so much more freedom than a JW, plus so many positives in return. The one thing that always stood in my way was their tithing. To be in good standing and to get a Temple Recommend you have to be a regular tither. Ten percent of your gross (not net) income.
    Nate

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Hi JeffT !

Yes, idn't it GREAT to be part of a Bible church where you can rub elbows with lots of other judgemetal self-rightous bibliolators? Oh precious LORD how good it must feel to have traded in a lunatic god like Jehovah who is only goinng to DESTRY the wicked for an even MORE insane god thats going to FRY the mass of humanity FOREVER in the torments of hell! OH BLESS YOU JESUS!!

You should apt yourself on the back that "I'm not as OTHER men. I belong to a BIBLE church, I believe in the Trinity and Hellfire, not as that SINNER, over there, that MORMON!" (In case this is lost on you, its a reworking of the "Publican and sinner.")

The worst people I have ever lived near, rubbed elbows with, were fundiots and evansmellicals. The people who displayed the most love are LDS Christians! Of course, THEIR teachings are NUTS while YOURS make sense! Lose the blinders Jeff.

For the life of me, I cannot recall the verse where Jesus says "They will know you are my disciples by your doctrines." I DO recall the verse where Jesus said "They will know you are my disciples if you have love for one another."

The MOrmons in Ann Arbor gave my wife and I nearly three grand 25 years ago. Thats probably like ten grand now. No strings attached. If I'd went to your Bible Worshipping Church with my problem they would have prayed with me, wished me luck. "Be thou warmed and fed." (From James)

Dont be mad-moufin the LDS church wif Nate in ear shot, specially not sum judgemental holier-than-thou Pharisee who thinks God gives a noodle about your "correct" doctrine. LMFAO. Correct by whose standard? You have the same cultic mentality you had as a JW. "WE'RE right! THEY'RE wrong! OUR faith in Christ is genuine and salvific. THEIRS is counterfeit and damning." There are 35,000 sects registered with the IRS in the USA. They all teach radically different things using the same Bible! Oh, yes, but I forgot, you have the REALLY true True Doc-ter-ine.
    Nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit