In which countries are WT banned?

by IT Support 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

in Indonesia the JW's are banned, but they turn a blind eye to it and allow them to witness and even let a bethel be built there in the 1990's

• Gill
    Gill

Anyone know the reasoning for the Watchtower to be banned in Monacco?

• blondie
  • greendawn
    greendawn

In strict islamic countries that strictly follow the sharia law they have no chance since under this law any one attempting to convert a moslem, (and also the converted moslem unless he repents in three days with or without the use of physical and /or mental torture) will be taken to the executioner to have his head chopped off.

Think of countries like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Sudan, or northern Nigeria where also they brutally stone people to death for adultery or homosexuality thus carrying forward barbarism into the 21st century.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Quoting jwfacts:
    "in Indonesia the JW's are banned, but they turn a blind eye to it and allow them to witness and even let a bethel be built there in the 1990's"

I thought Indonesia lifted the ban on JW's in the 90's, did it not?
    But I don't know if that country is now listed on the JW Yearbook, i don't have the latest one.

In Singapore: The WTS, JW activities (meetings + preaching) and publications are banned. Members who out themselves but are not engaged in these activities do not get into trouble. Of course, you wouldn't want to out yourself and have the authorites tracking you all year lol

The activities are carried out with much stealth.

In Malaysia: JW activities are not banned. The watchtower and the Awake magazines are banned. Most of their other publications are not (authorities target the ones with comments on Islam e.g. Mankind's Seach for God/ the Immortal Soul tract). The WTS has legal recognition here, but I understand that the local JW's have been specifically instructed not to draw too much attention to that fact at the doors (legal recognition was acquired in the recent 90's). Reason for this caution is unknown.

• IT Support
    IT Support

Thanks everyone for your help.

I've got some work to do to research all Blondie's references! Thanks again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit