Book - "A People for His Name" by Timothy White

by VM44 63 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• VM44
    VM44

I tried to persue option 1) given by cabasilas above.

Contacted the Humanities Department at Central Oregon Community College, the department secretary told me that for the last 18 years she has been with the deparment, there has been no one on the faculty who taught a credited course by the name of Anthony (Tony) Wills.

It appears that Tony Wills still remains somewhat of a mystery and hard to locate.

--VM44

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks for the feedback. My info dates from 1980 when I was leaving the WT Organization. I know in about 1998 I checked and saw his name listed as being in the Bend, Oregon area. So, perhaps he left the College (retired?) but stayed in the area?

I tried googling his name along with Stanford since the book says he taught there but no luck. I also tried to see if there were any books published by him but did not find anything promising with a google search.

Perhaps he is deceased? I wonder if James Penton would know anything about him? Penton gives him a very favorable rating in Apocalypse Delayed. Does anyone here have contact with him to ask?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bumping! How can I read this book? PDF, perhaps? I guess I would settle for a bunch of quotes from CTR saying that loyalty to the WTBTS is not the same as loyalty to God.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Data Dog,

: Bumping! How can I read this book?

Indeed, it is a most excellent book. In fact, it is one of the best books on JWs out there.

I'll see what I can do about that. There is a certain poster and very good friend of mine who, unfortunately was booted from this board. He has spoken with Tony Wills and obtained permission to reprint the book. He sent me a copy.

I just spoke with that poster and he told me to inform interested people that "A People For His Name" is now available on both Amazon and Lulu.com. He also mentioned that even though he obtained permission to re-release the book, all proceeds from its sales go directly to Mr. Wills. The price is reasonable, especially considering the book is being printed in very small quantities.

Please don't bother to ask about contacting Tony Wills or any information about where he lives. He is a very private person.

Happy reading!

Farkel

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thank you!

• pontoon
    pontoon

Just ordered one from Amazon, $23.26. Didn't check Lulu.

• belbab
    belbab

The book, A People for his name , was re-published several years ago. There used to be a poster on this forum called Nathan Natas. He republished the book for the Author, Timothy White, using Lulu. My wife painted the portraits of the three presidents on the cover. The author named on the original book was not the author's real name, because at the time he wanted to keep his true identity a secret. On the new edition his true name was on the title.

Here is a link to the book, (I hope) It is still available, and not for $500.

http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?type=Print+Products&keyWords=A+People+for+His+Name&sitesearch=lulu.com&q=&x=8&y=7

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

I have reread all the posts above.

The book is copywrited. My wife signed overthe rights of her artistry to the publishers. If any one knows the poster "Nathan Natas" who lived in Seattle, he would have all the details. I don't remember his real name, just his JWN name.

belbab

• Old Goat
    Old Goat

Another book you should read is Nelson Barbour: The Millennium's Forgotten Prophet by Schulz and de Vienne. Impressive history. e-book on barns and noble or paper at lulu.com. The detail is impressive.

Russell took key elements of his end-times theology from Barbour (and others). Barbour was a fruitcake. Is fruitcakeism catching?

• DATA-DOG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit