Prepare to be SHOCKED.

by nicolaou 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

SWALKER, consider it signed mate.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I agree Nic.

Sometimes there is nothing more beneficial than a good smack upside the head. Metaphorically speaking.

j

• skyman
    skyman

The only reason I am here to begin with is that I was shocked when I found out about the NGO's. So go ahead and try to shock me. Nothing will ever shock me again.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

I FEEL SHOCKED!

- Pepper Brooks, Dodgeball

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am officially shocked

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Where's KLS? We need to shock the monkey. Oh well, Tetra will do, he's the first generation of his family to walk upright.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I agree that we can't tip toe around people too much.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I'm reminded of an extreme example of one whose sensitivities are far too fragile to withstand being shocked. I believe she had a problem with Christmas being shortened to X-mas, as it "crossed the Christ out of Christmas".

Turns out that this soul was not even what was claimed to be in the first place [wife of another poster]. At least that is how I recall it ended. Haven't heard much more from that one - she/he was not truly shocked at all, just looking for attention.

In a course I took once-upon-a-time the prof postulated that no one changes the behaviour of his youth without a 'Significant Emotional Experience' to trigger it. For me it was CoC and ISoCF that provided it. The internet seemed to raw at that point.

Like LT and others I am sure, I was disgusted by the attack mode of apostates on the internet the first time or two I ventured into this venue. Sometimes a spoon full of honey will help the medicine go down - to borrow a phrase from Miss Poppins.

Jeff

• anewme
    anewme

I want to be shocked into true understanding and knowing

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Such a good post, Nic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit