Fantastic end to police chase

by freedom96 33 Replies latest jw friends

• startingover
    startingover

For those expressing all the sympathy for these criminals, how would you feel if they ran a red light at 100 and killed your family driving to the store?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

thom:

I'm surprised so many find this to be a fitting end, or fantastic.

There should be punishment for the crime, but death?

It was no more a punishment for the crime than the death of an innocent person they might have hit would be punishment for crossing the road. It was an accident, but was entirely a consequence of their, stupid, dangerous criminal behaviour. It was certainly a fitting consequence.

I don't see any benefit to anyone in their death.

There's an obvious benefit to taxpayers. I'm sure it's cheaper to scrape their bodies off the road than it is to try them repeatedly. There's also the benefit to the people they might have killed that night had they not been apprehended, or the people they might have killed the next time they stole a car, had they not died. This story may deter more people from stealing other people's property and endangering innocent lives.

There are many productive, good people in the world that have done something as stupid as stealing a car when they were younger. Not everyone who does something stupid when they're a kid becomes a career criminal.

No, but sometimes stupid actions have negative consequences. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. I'd much rather hear about a stupid thief dying in a stupid way than about an innocent person pointlessly killed by such a stupid thief.

• Satanus
    Satanus

These stupid kids did it to themselves. It's not like the cops shot them or ran them off the road. So it goes.

S

• anglise
    anglise

Similar thing happened near us recently.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/4432812.stm

The ones I feel sorry for are those left behind who loved them.

Parents arent always to blame.

The name "joy riding" is a misnomer and maybe doesnt help youngsters see the possible consequences of their actions.

Anglise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit